Dealing with psychosis

besides having dramatic mood swings and dealing with them, I think the hardest thing for me is dealing with times where I lose touch with reality. Everything seems to be like its in a dream. I hear music in my head and I’ll start to see shadows, I’ll also have no control over the voices in my head which I usually can control when I’m in a normal state. I just don’t want to lose anymore friends and seem crazy to the world anymore.

3 Likes

I can relate. I have lost touch with reality so many times. I have been hospitalized over 7 times. I have lost all my old friends. The psychosis is so hard to deal with. I hate having no insight when I get sick. It’s like a loss of control. I am praying that I will stay stable on this current medication and never end up being psychotic again.

2 Likes

I get called an “air head”, but my psychoses feel just like that, like there are soda bubbles in my head. It’s only an hallucination and damned annoying. That’s the extent of my present psychotic tendencies. Fortunately, I’ve been quite stable for awhile.

2 Likes

I still get psychotic sometimes but it is infrequent, thank goodness. I never get mood episodes anymore. I still have quite a bit of anxiety but I control that with CBD oil, meditation, yoga and Klonipin as needed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.