Schizophrenia.com

Daylight Savings time and depression

drawing and being creative helps me. I know it can be hard to be motivated with depression, but you might like it.

1 Like

True. I will play my guitar more. It does help.

1 Like

Yeah, that doesn’t sound good.
I hope it clears up for you soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the same boat as you Ninja. Not everyone is privileged to do this but sometimes laying in bed under some warm covers can make it bearable and sometimes it’s the safer thing to do. All of my hospitalizations were in the winter months. I like the cold and snow but the darkness gets to me. But hey, we’re fighters so we’ll make it.

2 Likes

I’m with you on this one, Ninja. My SAD gets pretty bad in fall and worse in winter. I am scared this year because I’ve been so depressed since about January that I haven’t been leaving my bed at all (except for bathroom breaks).

2 Likes

I’m lucky . My mood dips a bit but not to the extent it seems that yours does @ninjastar . I notice it more when it gets dark .
There’s definitely a mood effect but nothing ,in my case, warranting mentioning it to my depot nurse or GP.

1 Like

ive been kind of depressed these past month or two, started my first job, felt i wasnt doing good enough, got depressed, quit the job, got really suicidal but im still here.
i think my dog helps me to feel better, practicing piano and guitar and trying to learn to sing (that one is new for me), even tho sometimes i get nervous and think people might hear me.
also this time of year i like watching movies and shows that i feel like i can dive into and escape the world for a little, only some shows give this effect tho like it has to feel like something i would like living in, like seeing a world i could be in and be happy in puts me in a really good state, maybe im just weird.

1 Like