Day One 10:38 AM NO MORE SMOKING!

@Enlightenedbeing. Nicotine addiction is very real and it’s not just habit forming. We have receptors which the nicotine bonds too in our brains. It really is an insidious drug and it’s not just about habit. That isn’t the whole story.

2 Likes

Oh ok. I wasn’t fully aware.:grinning:

I will say it’s not all or even mostly about nicotine. If it was then any cig addict would be able to quit with nicotine products.

I’m not sure about your logic. Your just giving them nicotine. Your not solving the chemical occupancy. It’s nothing to do with quiting…your just giving them more nicotine which is the problem. I don’t disagree that replacing behavior is they way to go but there’s serious chemical reasons why nicotine is addictive and giving up isn’t all about changing habits.

1 Like

They say nicotine is the addicting substance in cigs. You replace n with n it should solve the problem. The addicting part is replaced. Therefore they should be able to quit. Yet even with the addicting substance still in the system they can’t. Why? Well because there is something more addicting. That ‘addiction’ is habit. Something hard wired into our brain. Break habits you change your world.

Your logic is wrong but there is more to addiction for sure. You just present a very simple model which doesn’t really help anyone who has chemical dependancy. Some people have more nictoninic receptors in their brains…thus why do some people just give up cigs without help and others struggle?

It’s like opiods. Same problem. There is some serious medical work on this subject and I encourage you to research more before just saying your way is the way because it’s far more complicated to what your present…The nature of addiction. Now that is the crux of the issue and it’s not just about habit forming.

2 Likes

Ok. I give up on explaining. I’m not that bright.

It’s ok. Just because it works for you doesn’t mean it works for everyone and chemical dependancy is serious business. If your suffering it’s not good to tell people that changing their habits will result in overcoming their issues. You get around it in a round about way but it’s still not kosher. Please be respectful to a community where nicotine addiction is a very, very serious subject.

1 Like

Well done. You’re doing so well. Every second that passes between you and that last time, you’re getting mentally stronger and physically fitter. Go you!

3 Likes

I want one but will not smoke. I’m quitting forever.

1 Like

How are you doing with quitting? I’m still going strong. It’s going fairly easy. I will not give in. My natural reflex is to smoke when I wake up. That was a bit tough. This is for Sparta!

It’s super hard to quit when people in your house do it. I think a change of address is a good idea. I hope you find some place that works for you

2 Likes

I need the courage to move out, and I will have to get some support from my fam. my dad and brother namely could help me with the decision. I need space from my mom, she’s not well–chain-smoking and triggering my depression symptoms a little.

2 Likes

Just start by talking with your dad and brother. Just take it one day at a time

1 Like

I’m still going strong. The cravings are strong. I am done with cigs. This is for Sparta!

3 Likes

The cravings will stop whether you smoke or not.

@Enlightenedbeing

I want one this morning. A bit of cravings. I’m glad I quit. This is for Sparta!

1 Like

Did you mistype that?

1 Like

The cravings will pass whether you smoke or not.

I see I see. That’s a gem.

1 Like