Day 2 of living in the moment

It’s a tough thing to do!!! Living in the present. Yesterday I lived in the present. I enjoyed life. I had a great meal at a restaurant. I had a split second like a FLASH of thinking ahead at night time, but other than that, I lived in the moment. I’m proud of myself. I don’t count that as exiting the present mind-frame. Usually I got one foot in the past and one in the future, that I’m pissing all over the present. Well I’m trying to live in the moment. Today is day 2. It’s like sobriety for me. One day at a time. I probably won’t continue to count days. Just acknowledging that yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life (hopefully). I guess you can say that about any day but yesterday really felt different. I enjoyed life for once. Living in the present.

1 Like

That’s a hard task to do, good on you for doing it.

What is your new avatar btw?

1 Like

It’s the Washington Huskies logo. Their football team is in the top 4 in the entire country which means they make the heralded PLAYOFF. The top 4 teams in the nation make the playoffs and have a 4 team tournament. So if you win 2 games you win the national championship. They are that good!

2 Likes

Well good luck to the Washington Huskies!

1 Like

I embrace all 3 moments all 3 (Past Now and Future) No punk can tell me where to live and what to do. My memories and so many great friendships and things that built in the past and I hold on it, its very important fot my sanity check, it’s all I have today, the past is what sculpted me in what I am today.

The now is to reflect on the life I want for me in future, and work, and implement those strategies that will helps me succeed in the long run. In meantime I do live in the now, since I enjoy the process of those things happening (well contemplating at least closed in my home) not sure about the outside world… Could be just a bubble of wishful thinking while denying my sz reality.

Everyone is entirely different, personality, whatever clicks for person they should go with. (Even if you are reading echart toles book :bear: I won’t judge)

1 Like

I basically agree with everything @experience said!

1 Like

I read Echart Tolles book in Barnes and Noble in October of 2012. I never bought it, just read it in the Starbucks. I do believe the past is important somewhat. But not to dwell on it…Rather embrace it. The future is something I’m trying to not think about. It’s tough. But the future stresses me out. But if that’s what makes you happy then so be it. Just my opinion. Future has driven me crazy the last 5 years. Before that I never thought about the future and I was much happier. -Chew

1 Like

It is weird that when I was 20 I never thought about my rough past. And When I was 20 I never thought about what the future entails for me. But when I was 21 I started thinking about the past (which was healthy to reflect at the time) but when I started thinking “I can’t wait til I’m 30 so I can finally enjoy life” was what really made me miserable.

Not saying I was healthy at 20 when I was living in the present. I was far from “enlightened”, but it’s weird how I used to live in the present. Then I got insight and started living in the past and the future and never in the present. Now I’m trying to blend the mindstates of the 20 year old me and the insight of the 26 year old me. -CHew

1 Like