Day 1 of no more Escitaloprám (Cipralex)

I jinxed myself… I just started getting the brain zaps.

I thought if I was going to get them they would have happened earlier. My last dose was June 4th.

I had a bad nightmare last night also. It woke me up.

I thought id be having bad insomnia but i’ve been able to fall asleep quicker then I was when I was taking it.

TMI warning: Been masturbating 3 times a day… need to find myself a girlfriend :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are you gonna push through it or go back on it?

1 Like

Yeah olanzapinr I used to call it the “fatass tablet” the weight gain is so incredibly bad that at times being in paranoid psychosis was easier also it makes me severely unliveabley tired I’d sleep for 18 hours and have my brother give me coffee just to get out of bed

1 Like

Hey Turtle! Why would I go back on it? The brain zaps arent that uncomfortable. Theres only 1 reason I would go back on them and thats if I start having daily panic attacks. Thats not happening at the moment. Hopefully it doesn’t.

1 Like

Yeah man… Olanzapine makes me a food monster. Even on a low dose. I’m sick of being overweight.

1 Like

I just hope I don’t offend anyone oh well I mean well I’m not saying it to sound rude I’m just saying my experience truthfully tiredness to me is worse I’d have to get my brother too get me coffee just to get out of bed

1 Like

@fish_the_archer - So you’re not taking Olanzapine now? What are you taking at the moment?

Haldol and it’s for me the best medicine I’ve ever been on I miss feeling like the mania but it completely got rid of voices paranoia I still at times get depressed but it’s nothing compared to when I wasn’t on lamictal no question I’m better off than I’ve ever been

Keep in mind this is just MY experience haldol ain’t one they first prescribe someone it’s got the possibility of severe side effects HOWEVER I do take cogentin for them

1 Like

@fish_the_archer - I’m stopping Olanzapine within the next 1 to 4 months. I hope I can still sleep without it.

1 Like

Yeah it’s too strong for me personally I use melatonin knocks me out faster than anything except for olanzapine the difference is that I’m not a walking zombie on melatonin it’s a amazing over the counter med

1 Like

It’s been 7 and 1/2 days since I last took Escitalopram. It takes 6 days for it to be out of your system. I feel good :grin:

Olanzapine is next. That’s probably going to be more difficult.

Once I get off Olanzapine, my goal is to lose 100 pounds.

Bro i won’t preach but I think the medium is the way to go. Not full dose but not completely off. Can’t you just stay at like half dose?

1 Like

I respect your opinion and advice my friend, but I have to disgaree. At least for me personally. Im 100% willing for my mental health to decline a little bit for my physical health to improve A LOT. I’m short at 5’6 and last time I weighed myself I was 250 pounds. Thats extremely overweight.

Heart attacks, diabetes and high cholesterol run in my family. If i stay on Olanzapine, im going to have a heart attack and die by my late 30’s/early 40’s (i’m currently 29 years old)

@ThePoet

1 Like

True man just saying maybe it’s better to be say 220 and sane than 180 and insane… maybe you can have the best of both worlds

Doctors tend to “play it safe” with their doses because sometimes people are suicidal so they tend to over prescribe rather than under.

Half a sandwich might not be that much food but it’s better than nothing. Personally id rather be half crazy and half overweight, than sane and obese, or crazy but skinny.

Extremes = bad

2 Likes

If my paranoia and delusions get out of control (I don’t get hallucinations) then I will go back on meds.

Btw, 220 pounds at 5’6 is still obese and a heart attack waiting to happen. I need to get down to at least 170, preferably 150.

@ThePoet

1 Like

Good luck, man. Last time I tried that I ended up needing twice the dose I used to take and I gained even more weight.

I also didn’t believe the dozen or so other people on the forum who warned me that exact thing would happen, and I know everyone wants to try for themselves. Maybe you will be one of the lucky few. More likely you will be like the rest of us.

1 Like

@Ninjastar - Thank you! I know i’m taking a risk but it’s one I want to take. I think the pro’s will outweigh the con’s… but I will have to find that out for myself.

Can’t be worse then Ativan withdrawal. I almost commited suicide when I went through Ativan withdrawal. I don’t take it everyday now.

What has me optimistic is that i’ve decreased my Olanzapine dose from 20 mg a night to currently 5 mg (over many, many months) and the difference in my mental health has been very small.

I went cold turkey on medicines a while back as I was pretty confident that I wont have symptoms as I was having surge of feelings that I can make it or I am thinking clear.

Apparently I knew the reason for my illness and as I have resolved it I was no longer having any symptoms though the repurcussions were quite bad due to episodes.

I am taking one day at a time and I am not going to be like thinking I cured or illness went away. I am working now and have lot of things to do, if I am able to complete and retire then I am cured or crossed the line.

1 Like