David Lynch type schizophrenia video

So a while back I made a couple schizophrenia videos and I showed them to my buddy Tony who is an exceptional editor and he came up with this - a new re-visioned piece of all three of my videos.

9 Likes

Loved it @yellowdog. I am also a fan of David Lynch’s work. Pretty gripping stuff.

thanks buddy. some of his stuff is so schizophrenic.

1 Like

Too creepy. I had to turn it off.

lol, welcome to schizophrenia - it can get pretty creepy.

1 Like

The editing is very cool… although I must be honest I did not understand what was the maker trying to say? As it goes I didn’t understand the films of David Lynch either… I might be a little too uneducated when it comes to these sort of things… but certainly the video was gripping.

What does David Lynch has to do with SZ if I might ask…

1 Like

As i was watching i realized its a video of psychosis. But not like my psychosis. In this video it was all about being in a room…place…but in my psychosis its being in motion…things are constantly flying and changing.

yes it’s about psychosis. every time he goes in and out and disappears he is going into that psychosis state. some of the creepy imagery is just that - creepy imagery. while i made some of this i was listening to james bay - chaos and the calm. the video is chaotic and has some moments of calm. kinda like how schizophrenia is.

1 Like

@yellowdog Do you mind if I share this on my blog?

1 Like

Wow this is great. I love David lynch especially his series twin peaks. He now teaches meditation classes. Your video was very surreal and interesting.

1 Like

danielle - go for it! send me the link to your blog. i’d like to check it out.

alterliquid - yeah he’s real big on transcendental meditation and that’s how he gets some of his ideas. i’d love to be taught how to meditate by him. he prob charges a fortune lol. totally worth it though.

2 Likes

Loved it. Would make a good Pink Floyd video from “the Wall” era.

1 Like

“Virtues are important”.
I am trying not to freak out. That part startled me. The constant voice I have in a crowd of negative ones is named Virtue. Scared.

1 Like

most people lack virtue - or they don’t listen to their virtue, which is strange to me cause virtue is at the core of every person. think about great big movie characters. independence day is the example i use. aliens come to conquer earth - what the hell do we do? well you find someone who is “intelligent” and another who is “courageous” you pair them up with other people who are “brave”, “confident”, etc and fight back the aliens. every movie character has virtues, just like every person has virtues that conquer any problem

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.