Dating with Schizophrenia

I think it’s for the best I just don’t date. First and mainly because I just don’t trust anyone. That is a pretty big hurdle, that I just don’t see anyone overcoming, not anytime in the near future anyways. Second, I don’t want to have any breakdown on any girls, and end up making them cry and such.

Ok. So this sucks - but im just going to say it.

Im 29. Im approaching 30. I have been in relationships but only rarely.

The last time I had THE FEELING was 9 years ago. 9 years ago. 9 years ago.

During that period I got the SZ diagnosis - but I have had symptoms for years before the diagnosis.

I havnt celebrated a proper birthday in 9 years. I tried to have a birthday over the summer when i turned 29 - but only two people would come. Anyways. As time goes on, I’m more wooden. I don’t feel anymore… or as much.

Someone who might have been trying to ■■■■ with my head asked me how I can live a life without love? Like - man. I have a lot of anadonia - should I do more? Should I look more for a partner? I have the usual - they are out to get me stuff at the back of my mind. ■■■■ it ya know.

Is it not a cultural travesty that I’m not with someone?

*Sorry for the curse words.

I am looking for friendship on this site and other forums. Friendships will do us good as it stabilizes our mood and health.

1 Like

I totally agree. I like friendship much more than romance. As a schizophrenic, I need to be stable in moods. Friendship do us good in this regard.

1 Like

i’ve never really thought about it. everyone i know, knows i hear voices and have been in hospital for it. there is one guy that flirts with me but he’s a bit of a tart so i dont take him seriously at all. but it doesn’t bother me who knows i hear voices. i own my ■■■■ and if a man can’t deal with that then it’s his loss. tbh b honest though i’m quite happy on my own. beside with two dogs and three cats there’s no room in my bed for a man and even if i met some one i wouldn’t let them move in. my kids come first and much as they would like to c me with a boyfriend i have to b a bit choosy to make sure they would b happy…if it happens then great but i’m not looking for it.

2 Likes

You are one kick butt lady Jaynebeal, and I admire you for it. If I lived in your neighborhood I’d most likely flirt with you too… :innocent:

2 Likes

Always fancied a toyboy James xxx

2 Likes