Dating normies

If you happen to date. When’s the best time to tell them about the illness. Early on the start or later part?

4 Likes

Later. When they have seen that
you are an adorable person.
They may get scared if you tell them early

5 Likes

OK thank you. Have u tried dating normies?

1 Like

I’m married to a “normie”.

My advice is,

That ■■■■ is your business and it’s best to keep it to yourself.

I was married before I confessed to the diagnosis of schizophrenia.

Of course, he wasn’t super surprised as I have a lot of odd tendencies.

You are more than schizophrenia,

Show them that and share the diagnosis when you want.

Nothing says you have to be upfront.

Do what is comfortable.

2 Likes

I am a sex buddy with a normie.
We are like friends with benefits.
She knew me before my sz.

2 Likes

I have given up all dating. I am happy to be single.

1 Like

I waited a few dates before mentioning mental illness.

1 Like

I would keep it to myself until the time is right

3 Likes

I wouldn’t tell them right away.
I personally would wait until the relationship is forming.
This may take a couple of months.

2 Likes

Nomies should understand else they are not normies, they are also different.
I just watch how nomies should approch a tiger :tiger2:

1 Like

I discussed this with my wife who is a normie. I told her about three weeks in. She felt that was okay, but no later than a month in. Past that point it would have been dishonest to her.

That’s hilarious. My wife knew there was something “off” about me by the second date (she’s a sharp lady). I say this as someone who can pass for normal for extended periods. You may think you’re hiding your mental issues, but you won’t be.

5 Likes

Lucky guy

151515q5

2 Likes

I think an important point to mention is that regardless of whether your partner is a “normie” or otherwise, you owe it to them and yourself to have a decent handle on your illness before bringing someone else along for the ride.

It’s okay to have some bad days and receive support and kindness from your partner when this happens— everybody, “normie” or not, goes through shiit in their lives.

However, it’s important to be able to self-manage symptoms and flare-ups as well.

Being proactive about your illness and taking responsibility for the majority of your own care while in a relationship allows one to have a healthier partnership in the long run.

Basically what I’m saying is: it’s okay to not feel good sometimes, but don’t be overly reliant on others, including your partner, to take care of you.

It’s your call on disclosure and if/when you feel comfortable doing it, but the truth eventually comes out in the end.

Best of luck :sunny:

6 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah my gf thought i was a little crazy. Turns out I was :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yeah deffo tell 'em later. The illness doesn’t define you, it’s not important.

1 Like

I sort of develop it naturally. I don’t try to hide my quirks, and I stay honest to myself. If they ask I tell them, but if they don’t I wait about a month so they see what they get first. I don’t pretend to be more normal or functional than I am, but I show them I don’t need a caretaker and have a sense of self reliance.

2 Likes

I don’t have any sound advice – I haven’t had any luck trying to date since my sz started. I prefer to tell them upfront though, which is probably why I’ve been unsuccessful at finding a girlfriend, lol

1 Like

Yea I’d agree with this. Don’t go out of your way to tell them, don’t go out of your way to hide it. Tell them whenever you want. What business of it is anyone’s but your what illness you have. Imagine it was heart disease…probably not gonna bring it up on the first date but it’s whatever if it comes up it comes up. We shouldn’t have to hide or make a big announcement about our condition. I’m proud of it so I tell people right away. Helps scare off stupid people too lol if they leave good. I don’t need judgmental people anyways :sweat_smile::rofl:

2 Likes

Only a LITTLE?!!?

:rofl: :laughing: :joy:

1 Like