Dating and Schizophrenia

I tried. I tried to date a man.

4 Likes

Yeah, he doesn’t sound like the type of person a schizophrenic should be hanging out with. I agree.

1 Like

I gave up dating, always went bad, mental illness was always in the way of it

1 Like

It’s awful. I’ve had to end it with a great guy because of psychosis. I just know he wouldn’t understand.

At least this guy you were seeing sounds like a complete tool. There are better ones out there.

1 Like

so like he said he would give me another chance and if ----

1 Like

I dont want to date if I dont work. Also I need to improve myself physically too by going to the gym daily, I weight almost 300lb.

2 Likes

hahaha, that made me giggle.

3 Likes

I am going to start working; I have a plan that does not involve random-ness I am asking a friend to recommend me part-time at the local warehouse.

1 Like

300lb yeah that’s a lot. That’s more than two of me.

1 Like

I was just put on Aristada and I am 299 pounds thats 30 more in three weeks. Im on 1064 went from 10 MGS Abilify to 1064 Aristada in a few days at the mental hospital.

1 Like

I didnt know they had that, its every two month.

1 Like

Its awesome other than being fat ha ha u might wanna try this the negatives arent as bad.

1 Like

I was on 20mg Abilify and yea my negative symptoms were a lot better but I cant take it anymore due to side effects, mainly impulsions. I was on Abilify for 8yrs.

1 Like

I would not even have posted this if I wasnt on that crap. It enhances whatever was there. do u know of a way to detox from this. is there a better anti psychotic like an actual real one.

1 Like

I dont see anything wrong with your post. What I meant is that Abilify made me impulsive and spend lots of money for no reason. Right before stopping Abilify I had emptied more than 15 000$ from my bank account and had thousands in debts on my Visa card. I read on FDA website that Abilify can cause this and my pdoc stopped my Abilify. I spend much less now and only on stuff I need and use.

I am on 6mg Risperdal now but I have high prolactin in blood tests.

I’m not interested in dating. Besides there are no decent men around here even if I was.

2 Likes

yeaaa i know…so how do i be friends with someone if they want something more…

1 Like

I would just be really honest with them and tell them they aren’t your type, or you aren’t interested in them that way, or you see them like a brother.

1 Like

thanks for the advice i sorta just did that…i still haven’t conveyed that being friends without benefits yet so I think i need to try harder to be more assertive.

1 Like