Schizophrenia.com

Damn, I got to be careful

Things are getting a little overwhelming again :frowning: i seem to be getting highly stressed, not sure what to do, I’m going to visit my Sis tonight, she stays nearby.

9 Likes

its okay it normal, i also get overwhelm with stress your not alone i understand.

6 Likes

Stress is a normal part of life. You just need to learn how to cope with it.

4 Likes

Yeah, I know but i got really unwell last Oct and was hospitalised bc of it.

I am trying, i try and have a lot of stuff to do so i can dip in and out of them but sometimes its too much and i dont know what to do, I think i’ll need to write down a list like i did the last time and see if i can work something out.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Try to work out your triggers and write them down, and also a list of things that make you feel calm and tranquil that you can try and stick to. Stress will never be eliminated, but at least it is possible to get it to a acceptable level.

1 Like

Man, it looks like i have 5 big things on my plate at the moment, the biggest is the one that is causing the most worry and i really dont want to cancel that,

The next two are very hard too and require a lot of work which i’m sort of committed to now, the slide show is the hardest but the magazine is very hard too,

The rest is just like whatever but i need my rest and would like to go out for walks and zooms are good too.

I honestly dont know how to take the pressure off :frowning:

I’m trying to think about writing a daily planner for myself but i hate being tied down to a certain timeframe :frowning: i like things loose and free, ::frowning: i’ll try and write one but man even doing this is hard :frowning:

I like to make three to do lists. I have my good days list, my tough days list, and my impossible days list. The impossible day list only has basic functions. Eat, shower, take meds, brush teeth, put on clean clothes. The good days list has dishes, homework, exercise, clean a room, walk the dog (he has a doggie door and yard, so walks are purely recreational), cook a meal, work on a hobby, etc.

I feel guilty and ashamed when I can’t finish a to do list, but if I switch my expectations for myself on bad days, I can still feel good knowing I did my list.

5 Likes

Idk how to do that, i am not very well organised, i’ll try writing alternative lists. but they always change, i never stick to the lists
I am rubbish at forward planning.