Dammit, took my meds too far apart again

So I took my nightime Geodon at 645 last night and my morning dose today at 1045. Thats obviously too far apart because I feel a little funny, anxious and a little cognitively off, at least I am not psychotic, no voices or delusions, thats the bright side.

Even the most recovered and highly functioning of us have bumps in the road. Now I have to sit and wait for the morning dose to kick in. So why did I post this? I dunno, just wanted to be honest, humble and not be all high and mighty about being recovered for a change of pace.

4 Likes

I dont think you are high and mighty mortimermouse, I think you set a good example for moderate to lower functioning schizophrenics to aspire to. I personally have an issue with the term recovery - in the classic sense, but people can call it whatever they choose - recovery, remission these are just words to describe feeling good and functioning like everyone else. Thank you for being a positive force on this site

1 Like

All better now. Morning meds kicked in and I just breezed through my logic homework. Breezing through logic homework is a good indicator of being “with it” LOL :smiley:

2 Likes

Staying on a schedule is so important to me.
Missing a dose just always screws me up so I just had to learn for me there are no excuses and I have to take my evening dose to even get to sleep.
Over the years I’ve stabilized and don’t need a morning dose anymore unless I’m on the stress rack.

glad you are feeling better.
take care

2 Likes

I don’t believe just because you feel like you don’t need it that it’s ok to skip it. Too far apart what do you mean by that? Are you trying to customize timing your meds? Just take them when it says on the pill bottle. I’ve tried in the past to customize my med intake, it got out of hand I wasn’t noticing that I was losing it until I was lost. But anyway med slip ups are serious.

1 Like

Good to hear your back on schedule quickly. If I mess up, it takes a while to get back on the wagon.

1 Like