Daily Sketch Club

Like this thread.

3 Likes

starting to get ridiculously tired xx
still, a humerus

4 Likes

i like it
x
when will you know that you are reading enough?

I bet you will really be able to draw people really well doing all this anatomy drawings…leonardo de vinci studied anatomy…he would get bodies and put them in water and watch them decompose…gruesome yet he helped science no doubt…

1 Like

wow x cool!!
worth it then!!

1 Like

in water they would bloat, turn all sorts of colours it would be disgusting

1 Like

he was still genius for recording the human heart and muscles…you could probably google “leonardo anatomy sketches” to see…

1 Like

good idea :slight_smile:
i just saw a woman in the bath on tv on her phone….
thought , hmm clavicle

Thanks… I read Jean Genet, “Journal of a thief” a diary of the authors experience of being a petty thief in the 1930´ties, homosexual and outcast vagabonding all around europe and being harassed and jailed because of his homosexuality - im a very boring heterosexual man myself, but its surprisingly beautiful written. Jean Genet can make the sordid look brilliant.

2 Likes

wow, incredible x
worth copying to learn…
i’ve done a load of copies, of different artists
tracing even teaches you a lot x

1 Like

In architecture studio, we were told to buy “thinking with the right side of the brain”. An exercise we were made to do was to draw something upside down…I did a portrait of an old man…you’re not supposed to look at the picture right side up until you’re done…amazing detail can be made drawing upside down…try it.

1 Like

i’ve used that book or the first third or so of it
i think it really helped me
it was a long time ago
it was a funny as hell picture the upside down one when i turned it round
I couldn’t draw a bit before starting that book

2 Likes

8 Likes

Love your sketch @jukebox!

1 Like

BOMB the WORLD with PLUR

5 Likes

cool sketch!!
love the details x the cat and birds and tree roots :slight_smile: what does the stone say?

2 Likes

very lovely :heart: PLUR

2 Likes

Edgar Allen Poe…it’s supposed to be ravens and a black cat after his stories… @Three

2 Likes

@jukebox
i’ve heard of him but i don’t know his stories
today i got back to it slightly

but that’s almost all i’ve done in a few days

did some card making

birch bark and gold leaf

have to buy more blank cards
loads of spare hearts

4 Likes