Schizophrenia.com

Daily Aspirin use not recommended

3 Likes

I just read this. I wonder how many people were dying from bleeding issues for them to change this.

1 Like

My doctor put me on a every other day 81mg aspirin regimen but I heard about this last year from the heart and stroke foundation of Canada so I gave it up.

https://www.heartandstroke.ca/what-we-do/media-centre/news-releases/news-release-asa-no-longer-recommended-to-prevent-first-stroke-heart-disease

1 Like

My father takes a daily aspirin to ward off potential future heart attacks from occurring.
I immediately called our doctor to see if he should stop taking it.
They haven’t gotten back to us yet.
I’m very concerned and I won’t be going on aspirin therapy myself.

They only changed the recommendation for people with no history of cardiovascular issues.

1 Like

I was on low dose aspirin, but I stopped taking it several years ago. I’m 62 now. I haven’t had heart problems or a stroke.

1 Like

That’s my father, no history of cardiovascular disease.

1 Like

my dad had a heart attack in his 50’s and takes a daily aspirin. he doesn’t trust journalism anymore so i won’t tell him about this, as he will not listen to it.

1 Like

No I think that they don’t recommend daily aspirin therapy for those people without cardiac issues only.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.