Cv question

Is it better to tell your employer that you have had schizophrenia/psychosis? Should you tell them on your Cv? Or is there to mutch stigma?

NO, tell em you went travelling or had covid lay-off

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it

1 Like

Depends on the job you are seeking, but in general i wouldn’t tell.

If you have to explain periods where you have been unemployed, you can say depression, stress, personal crisis - normies don’t understand SZ and that some people with SZ can work

3 Likes

I dont realy think I can work but they making me look for work

1 Like

I can’t work either, not anymore, im burned out and going to seek disability

1 Like

Neither do I. That’s why I applied for disability. Have you applied?

no i haven’t i got some money now from an unemployment insurance. But they want me too look for work. I Will Maybe apply for disability in the future

1 Like

Who wants you to work?

My family mostly

1 Like

Similar situation for me. I was expected to work after leaving hospital, I felt the pressure from family but not one person said it explicitly.

Now that I’ve done it and had a minor relapse due to it, they believe the condition is a bit more real. That’s what their issue was. An annoying illness to deal with socially forgetting how bad it is as is

1 Like

No. I would not disclose your sz to them. They won’t hire you if they know. And if you tell them after you’re hired, they may find reasons to fire you. They’ll make it look like it wasn’t due to sz, but in reality, it will be because of the stigma of sz

2 Likes

No! if you have gaps say you traveled or cared for a sick relative. never ever say you were schizophrenic or depressed they wouldn’t hire you if you told them that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.