Cut myself to prove myself real?

That’s what the voices are saying - and I would, but my husband made me promise and I want to honour that. Its a crazy head circus this evening, voices talking with each other about me about so many things, chatting, laughing… ha ha ha ha ha all the time. Its crazy that my brain is holding so many people inside it!

When that’s happening to me I try to drown them out with loud music either in the whole house or headphones. I hope you get through this without cutting. I wish you the best.

You are real…and you can always say back to them “I am real but are you? You are invisible…maybe you should use an invisible blade to cut and see if you are real but you cant because you dont know how and if you could you cant feel it because you are a non physical being and probably feel no pain that way and cannot die from it but you can feel pain when you are rejected or when someone calls you out and reminds you just how ridiculous your games are and why you play them because you are lost lonely bored spirit cut off from love…
etc etc…”

Kinda goes along with what i just posted about being able to control voices…

and i wouldnt just stop there…once the voice quiets and tends to slow down or even stop keep on it…“hey where are you? where did you go? have enough yet? I’m not finished with you!” Kinda like chasing the thing behind the voice mentally. they really do give up after awhile…

Certainly do not cut…

How often do you get the impulse to self harm? Are you in any kind of therapy?

You are very brave for not hurting yourself. Every time you feel that desire and you think of your husband and don’t do it you are brave both for him and yourself. Tell him he should do something nice for you since you are being so brave.