Cure for schizophrenia might be on its way. Read this article

This link has an abundant amount of current scientific research regarding schizophrenia:

http://www.schres-journal.com/current

How realistic is this article? When did it get published? Was this something someone found today? It’s not a traditional Firemonkey masterpiece.
U would like to know more as I also heard that sz would be curable by 2013

1 Like

@MeghillaGorilla1

Not sure if you’re referring to the original link or the link I just posted, but the answers to your questions are found in the studies.

I, just like everyone else, am just trying to help in finding a cure for schizophrenia as soon as possible.

1 Like

@kindness I appreciate that. I keep checking this site to see if there’s any news:
I’m waiting for the day when I log on and everyone is gone because they’ve all been cured.
But until then I followed your link and you need to have a Harvard degree to understand the articles.

3 Likes

Something about this article makes a lot of sense. I hope it’s true and that it’s treatable/curable.

@MeghillaGorilla1

I appreciate that you will not settle for the current meds. We deserve better, and it’s people like yourself who’ll play an essential role in pushing Big Pharma to do just that.

1 Like

I think the discovery detailed in the article is a few years old. I don’t think any single disovery is going to contain the entire answer. It is another piece of a complicated puzzle.

I’m trying by writing letters to the pharmaceutical companies and the research organizations to let them know that people are suffering and need better treatments. I’m not really sure what NAMI does all day long, you would think that they’d be applying pressure in all the right places but really they just print literature and sit on their arses.
Some doctors don’t even know that the meds are atrocious. That or they don’t want to admit it.
The only way someone would know is by talking to one of us. Or God forbid someone’s kid gets stricken by this ailment who is powerful enough to make a difference.
Look at Joe Biden. His son RIP died of cancer and now they poured all of their money into cancer research. Maybe if baron Trump has a psychotic break well get better meds.

3 Likes

@MeghillaGorilla1

I agree.

As for Baron, it’ll probably happen if genetics plays as large of a role as they say it does.

1 Like

Haha good one! Donald has been acting paranoid lately. Maybe the apple doesn’t fall that far from the tree after all.

1 Like

It may be the same for schizophrenia.

1 Like

i would like to go find it.

I’m trying. They took down my posts and banned me last time I talk about vitamins so it seems like I can’t say anything about it. But I am feeling better after being on some high doses of vitamins.
I am not saying to go off your meds, stay on your meds.

Nah I know. I learned my lesson about not taking anything. I feel pretty strongly about good health and supplements. I wish that they were enough believe me I would be on them and jogging and lifting.
I still workout but I’m hoping they make a side effect free pill.

1 Like

i remember when i was first diagnosed sz in the 90s and they thought a cure was right around the corner im not holding my breath

1 Like

how do we know they aren’t just telling us this so we are calm and keep holding our breath for a cure? I just don’t think they will ever cure schizophrenia or other related diseases since its too good of money keeping people sick than it is to cure them. and if they do find a cure there will be all kind of stipulations and money needed to get it.

1 Like

@cbbrown don’t say that!
How cynical can society be!
People’s lives, the lives of tens of millions globally,are destroyed.
Nothing justifies a cure more than humane considerations.
The cure will be free and available to all.
In Israel there is universal health insurance, I am certain that Israel will fund it if need be.
In the US indeed there might be problems.
According to information streaming to my head, I am going to get cured at a certain point.
As soon as the cure pops up, indeed.
And I want to believe that this is true not just for me but for all schizophrenics.

1 Like

i’m sorry @Erez_Shmerling its just they have been talking about a cure for years and yet schizophrenia and its related diseases are still here. my brother is the real cynic he says the only thing that can cure mental illnesses is weed but I don’t believe that and I know that kind of thinking is dangerous.

I just worry I will become like how my dad use to be, smoking weed and drinking beer to cope with his illness and it didn’t help him but made it worse.
he is cynical about a cure too since he talked it over with his psychologist and psychiatrist. he told me the conversation at first was hopeful but the pdoc said there may not be a cure in my dad’s life time especially since he has COPD

@catsrcool according to info streaming to my head, the influential people are aware of the problem.
You can be certain, according to the info, that once the cure exists it will be known and available to all.
I am not saying that we should be complacent. I am going to try to raise awareness of my suffering
in parallel to my attempts to recover.

I think we also need to question the things this illness has made us believe. It would be interesting, but how do you know for certain that anything is being streamed into your head?