Crystal Cotton's discussion thread 2.0

Continuing the discussion from Crystal Cotton's discussion thread:

Closing the old thread as it got too large.

v.

Have any of you filled the ”Personality Assessment Inventory”?

what’s that?
outfytufotuyf

i’m feeling little afraid because someone here is talking to me about his delusions and asking me what to do about them

hi everyone :slight_smile: how are you doing

2 Likes

Hey crystal how was Xmas?

1 Like

pretty good, i spent time with my family

4 Likes

I’m in a new Starbucks in my neighborhood

1 Like

I’m bored af here

1 Like

Where I live we have the “MMPI”. I think that stands for Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory. It’s a list of hundreds of questions that is supposed to reveal the inner workings of our psyche’s to psychiatrists. I’m kind of intrigued by it, but I can wait for someone to reveal all its nuances to me.

3 Likes

I see. I’m scared of what the test will reveal

That emotion will probably be measured on the test. I wouldn’t worry about it. There are so many unabashed sociopaths running around that you have no need to blush because of your shortcomings.

1 Like

I hope it won’t reveal a personality disorder

I think I have a couple of personality disorders - avoidant personality disorder and schizoid personality disorder. Any diagnosis is just a starting point to give the pdoc an idea how to approach your situation. It’s not the final word on your life. I once heard a psychology professor once say in college that “once you have been a clinician for six months the whole world starts to look like a sewer.” I wouldn’t worry about any condemnation for whatever problems you have. Pdoc’s aren’t supposed to do that.

2 Likes

Pdoc’s have these little ploys they sometimes use with a patient. They might seem vindictive at first, but what they are really trying to do is measure your reactivity. It’s an uncomfortable situation, but you have to deal with a lot of internal pain in psychotherapy.

i’m nervous about the results

1 Like

Don’t be nervous, there’s no problem even if a personality disorder is considered. It just means you’ll be given more chances of therapy if it’s needed.

Don’t tell others what your diagnosis history is. Be it schizophrenia, or any kind of personality or autism. It’s nobodies business except for your treatment team - they know how to help you make the most of life. That’s what all the testing is for.

4 Likes

Okay I get that

The forensic psychiatrist testing me suggested that I’d be a patient in their clinic and she’d be my psychiatrist

Idk if it’s a good idea or not

1 Like

If you get along with the psychiatrist then there shouldnt be an issue. Psychiatrists dont say much, they mostly listen. If they listen to you and procribe meds that address your problem - theyre a good a dr and probably dont need to be changed !

2 Likes

I’m becoming afraid of the other patient