Schizophrenia.com

Criticism XXXX

I asked a knowledgeable counselor why schizophrenics are so hurt by criticism, and he said, “It sticks in their craw.”

Some fairly ugly clerk at the local grocery store criticized me in a theatrical way, and I am so hurt. (God bless Debbie!)

Jayster

.,._

2 Likes

Sorry you are so hurt.

1 Like

The ugly clerk has a unkind and inconsiderate heart

2 Likes

Sorry you had that happen to you. Hope you feel better soon.

I also wish I could let even small things go…

But I can’t.

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon @Jayster :sunny: :rainbow:

1 Like

I’ll remember that… thanks Jayster… I’m sorry someone was being shitty with you… unfortunately those kind of folk are everywhere.

1 Like

It’s easy to get defensive when you have a mental illness. There are always issues between you and the rest of the community. Then there is a population of assholes that have to build themselves up by tearing others down.

2 Likes

This means that we are producers. We make our own self esteem. Those who prey upon others cannot make their own. This is just a different way of saying what crimby said.

I had someone insult me weeks ago and it didn’t hit me until last night. It was a stranger too from a public place.

1 Like

We are more sensitive because of our illness. Also, you have to watch out for misinterpreting people’s speech as being harmful when you are simply being paranoid. “Nervous persons are good observers but poor interpreters of behavior.” (Our own interpretations of our own mental behavior as well.)

1 Like

try to forget about it :heart: …remember everyone has bad days…even ’ normals '.
you are better than him :trophy:
take care :alien:

2 Likes