Credit card vs debit card

You can raise charges for disputation with Credit cards.

1 Like

I have a visa debit and a MasterCard credit. The combination works for me. Some companies only accept debit cards others only credit. The combination of both gives the best coverage. Also itā€™s practical to have a back-up card if thereā€™s a technical issue with the other.

Ive got a credit card with a limit of 9k. Mind you that came from 8 years of building up a decent rating. Its only used for the likes of Disney+ and the tv subs.

I will use it to pay for a new Pc rig every couple of years, which is about a grand - but thats it.

Never use more than 50% of your credit tho, across all of your accounts - cos it will hit your score.

1 Like

Yeah I had like 4 credit cards and maxed them all out because I was dirt broke. Ended up l closing all accounts and now I canā€™t afford the minimum payments. :upside_down_face:

My credit score is really bad. 9k credit is nice to have as a safety net.

1 Like

I have both. I have a small amount of credit on 1 card Ā£200 which I havnt used. I also have an Amazon card with Ā£1200 on it. I think Iā€™ve spend about Ā£350 on that but Iā€™m making payments on it to get it back down.

Itā€™s good to know I have a safety net if anything happens but I mostly just stick to debit card. Also I wanted to better my credit so I got credit card.

1 Like

Trick is always pay the balance off the day after its due. Or if you cant do that - pay at least 2 thirds over the minumum payment.

My minimum is usually about Ā£42 quid - but if you pay at least Ā£300 for example, the companys gonna take notice and automatically gonna increase your limit.

Never ever go over 50% of your total limit either, and that includes your overdraft, if you have one.

I only seriously got one incase the cooker or fridge packs up.

2 Likes

My credit score is really good, got 4 credit cards.

@Naarai i thought you was better off than me, why do you need a credit card to purchase pretty cheap appliances lol

I cant wait to sell everything. Cut all my cards up and go live in a tree house with my girlfriend.

I did everything for a reason. I like my money managed.

1 Like

I have both. Some places wonā€™t take credit but theyā€™ll take debit.

I would say keep your debit card and apply for a credit card. You donā€™t have to use the debit if you donā€™t want but youā€™ll have it just in case.