Creating a Recovery Oriented Mental Health Workforce - A SAMHSA sponsored webinar:

Creating a Recovery Oriented Mental Health Workforce - A SAMHSA sponsored webinar:
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 12:00:00 PM CDT - 1:30:00 PM CDT

The challenge of creating a recovery-oriented mental health workforce includes developing training that is true to values of recovery, keeping up to date on practices that are evidenced based, and ensuring that training of such practices translate to real life experiences. Workforce development includes the development of curriculum, certification processes, collaboration with education partners, and internship experiences. Our panelist will discuss programs in training and workforce development that have resulted in creating a recovery-oriented mental workforce and share lessons on how communities can start to build their own workforce.
Learning objectives:
• Various models of Workforce Development
• Creating Recovery-Oriented Curriculum
• Lessons in employment – including billing of Psychosocial Rehab and Peer services, and creating a peer workforce.

https://events-na3.adobeconnect.com/content/connect/c1/986655080/en/events/event/shared/1585587525/event_landing.html?sco-id=1575580136&charset=utf-8

2 Likes

This looks really interesting.

I hope more cities start to do this.

I was lucky with my work program… but sadly it’s so on again off again.

Thank you for posting this.