Crashing after a false sense of normal

I feel brain dead and panicky at the same time. My mania got really bad and now I can’t think straight. I’m getting delusional, I can’t help it, I am :weary: This illness is rotten. I don’t want to do anything stupid tonight that I will regret. With my track record I’m recognizing that pattern, and I want to prevent it.

You guys are all great but I’m getting detached from reality and nothing feels real, no offense.

I am going to close my eyes to take a nap. I’ve had a belief for the past month that I am going to die today, so I am afraid to but my mind is shutting down. I hope I wake up. Pray that I wake up.

Are you on any meds for your mania ? Should you tell someone on your medical team that you’re in crisis ? That’s probably a good idea.

I would contact my support system right now, if your having troubles

Hey, friend. Sorry you’re feeling bad. Definitely let your mental health team know. Do you have a mania accountability buddy? This is someone you can go to and ask “is this a good idea?” before doing it. Mr. Star takes my credit cards and car keys when I get like that. It helps me feel safer with my own self.

Here are some things that can provide immediate relief

Put an ice pack on the back of your head. This will cool down your brain and reduce activity in your limbic system, where emotions happen.

Do a task with simple, clear steps. I like baking. I follow the recipe, and it’s easy enough that I don’t get frustrated, but it requires enough concentration that I don’t have room to think about other things. Cleaning also helps.

Engage your five senses. This will remind you what is real and what isn’t. Listen to soothing music. Smell something pleasant, like an essential oil. Suck on a hard candy. Look at pictures of things you enjoy. Feel something with an interesting texture, like a piece of Velcro or a stress ball.

Try to levitate something with your mind. You obviously won’t succeed, but it gets you to focus all of your attention on a single point outside your body, instead of on your thoughts. I like to use this on airplanes or in public places, because it doesn’t require you to move at all. It looks like you’re just daydreaming to observers.

They will ask me if I feel safe. And the crisis worker that calls me back can see my future and that makes me feel worse because I get an eerie feeling. Yeah I’m on meds for mania

I’d give them a call .

Thanks I will keep on rereading this and first I will put the ice pack on my head, I will focus my senses too

If you need help coming up with coping skills, you can text HOME to 741741 and explain what you’re dealing with. A trained volunteer will help you come up with personalized ways to feel more in control. Remember, you have emotions. They don’t have you.

Thanks. Im doing the ice and the 54321 sense technique. My mind isn’t as foggy. I have a kneaded eraser I can play with too and I have a diffuser

The ice is making things not as overwhelming, and taking over. I am going to copy all your suggestions in a document.

You’re really on top of things! You are being very proactive with taking care of yourself! When you’re feeling better, remember to call your MH team and let them know you had an episode.

Side note, but was it also much warmer and sunnier where you live today? Sometimes, the spring weather triggers a bit of mania in me because of the extra sun and good weather. Also, we just had DST so there is more sun in general.

Yeah it was the hottest day all year and really sunny. I will

Thankyou, @ninjastar, for all of your tips. I’m going to copy all of them down too. Might come in handy someday.

Some I’m guessing Dr. Pepper wouldn’t be a good drink to have because of all the sugar?

That’s right. 15151515

Thanks 1515151515

I’m still having the episode. Couldn’t remember what I ate for dinner until I thought for a while. My words aren’t what I am thinking. Different places that I meant something else. Smelling my eucalyptus essential oil. Did the levitation, felt a clear mind set. Haven’t took the ice off. Going to eat left over noodles and drink a cup of water

Getting off here