Cramming for test

My test is in 4.5 hours and I just started studying! I just have sooo.much going on with the break up and going full time at work in a new position that is very physically active and moving this weekend… ugh I hope I do well. The last test was pretty easy at least

5 Likes

What kind of test is it?

1 Like

It’s on infancy and early childhood for my developmental psychology class. I’m a psych and art major

2 Likes

Sometimes that is the best way to prep for a test. Everything is stuck fresh in your memory.

1 Like

Oohhh and if you have any questions,that is pretty much my field

1 Like

I’m sorry you broke up with your other half that’s not good but I hope the test gos well and the move hopefully everything will be okay are you moving far?

1 Like

How so?? That’s awesome. I think I really got the info down so I’m not super worried. The first part of the class was incredibly hard but now I have a B .

Just an hour away. I don’t have ay friends here but I do up in Indianapolis so that’s where I’m heading.

1 Like

Well I did behavioral therapy for about 8 years, early childhood development was a part of that, especially since most of my students were going through those phases at older ages. And then in foster care training we take classes specifically on how different types of trauma impact child development and different ways to respond to children who have experienced trauma vs those that didn’t.

2 Likes

We just learned about how ACE scores are risk factors for disease. That was depressing since my score was 5. Could be worse I guess. I made my dad takeit and he got a 7

2 Likes

Im taking a social work class and I keep procrastinating. I really need to log in and just spend time going through the material. I dont know whats stopping me. I need to be more self-motivated. Good luck on your test, keep at it!!

3 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself. Motivation can be zapped in sz. Minenusually is but this abilify kicked me into gear.

3 Likes

Yeah, sustained childhood trauma causes the brain to grow in very interesting ways. It is actually pretty fascinating and part of why so many people have their diagnosis changed every time they see a new pdoc. Most of our current diagnoses focus strictly on observable behavioral symptoms, which tend to change as our environment changes. But the root cause is often childhood trauma.

It is both horrifying and fascinating to see how different types of traumatic environments produce different behavioral responses that are so similar across the board. The human mind adapts to its surroundings, and most mental illnesses were once very helpful survival skills in a hostile environment. No different really, to how someone who grew up in the south moves north and finds winters unbearable, or how someone from the north moves south and finds summers unbearable. Your body and mind will adapt to the environment it develops in, and then it takes time and work to get it to adapt to a new environment.

3 Likes

That’s… fascinating. My diagnosis has changed so many times. Now i know why! CPTSD is fun

2 Likes

My friend is an ER nurse and she gets assigned all the psych patients because she has the best rapport with them. Her joke, when reading a chart with 4 or more MH diagnoses is “hmm, do we think this is childhood trauma, autism, or both?”

2 Likes

Haha that’s great. I have 4 myself right now and have both.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s often the case. She had someone in there who was “hallucinating pain sensations” that, upon further investigation turned out to be having sensory processing issues.

2 Likes

That’s weird? How did they conclude those were hallucinations? THat’s pretty dismissive.

1 Like

Well thats how the patient was describing it. Like they must have googled their symptoms and determined they were hallucinating.

2 Likes

But she had previously been diagnosed with BPD, depression, and anxiety.

2 Likes

Sounds familiar. I’ve been diagnosed with bpd before asd

2 Likes