Cracked lips

I can feel very small cracks in my inner lower lip it’s not enough to notice by looking but they are there I guess it’s from this weather… Does anyone else have this problem? How do you take care of it and prevent it from happening

Drink more water.

2 Likes

@ninjastar I drink 8 glasses that are 8oz of water a day (the recommended amount if I am correct)

We use blistex or petroleum jelly and avoid things like chapstick. Water is important. Try to avoid licking your lips.

2 Likes

With the dry air you probably need more. Try drinking more for a few days and see if it helps. 64 oz really isn’t that much, especially in the dry winter air.

1 Like

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-does-a-humidifier-do_n_6014450

Investing in an air humidifier would help.

Though I’m not sure how much they are.

Sometimes I leave a pot of boiling water on the stove for a while when it’s cold to help warm up inside. Maybe that has a similar effect as a humidifier?

I love lip balm , mostly EOS or honey trap from lush

1 Like

A sugar scrub is easy to make and use. Just a couple drops of cooking oil in a teaspoon of sugar to make a paste.

1 Like

I try’n use chop stick when that happens and its good because I get to have a little bit of color on my lips when this happens.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.