Schizophrenia.com

Covid posts

I think these are actually the worst offenders here. We’re talking about preventing anxiety and deteriorating mental health among our users. We don’t need to be spammed with news articles from anxious people about how horrible everything is. This isn’t a news site.

The top priority should be the mental health of our users. At the moment, it isn’t.

3 Likes

I think it would be nice to see more uplifting posts…at least…if we cant talk about covid.

1 Like

If that’s the case we’ll need to get rid of 75% of the posts in Unusual Beliefs.

At a minimum.

1 Like

This is kind of a difficult thing for us to control. I don’t see how you can make individual posters make uplifting posts instead of posting about their problems. This is a support forum after all and a lot of people are going to post about their problems.

1 Like

I have paranoid schizophrenia…unusual beliefs and delusions are the main part of my illness. I cant control it. Its hard to control, sometimes the lines blur–and I believe a belief that is a delusion. It helps me to be able to talk to rational people to cope. Its my main source of coping. I have struggled because of the paranoia…I try not to broadcast it…but it helps when people can just explain. I am not always 100 percent rational even when i sound or think I am…something i am learning…

I’m referring to people who aren’t interested in recovering, but come here and post rubbish to wind themselves and others up. They’re looking for confirmation of delusions, not to recover from them.

3 Likes

Vaccines mandates, vaccines passports, public health measures generally, and anger at antivaxxers are all first and foremost political issues. They are medically relevant, but medicine and research is just a small part of the discussion. The consequences are far greater than just health. There is no reason to consider these topics non-political.

2 Likes

I’ve always though the UB category was out of control, even as a mod.

2 Likes

We could see more uplifting posts if we limited COVID discussions. Most of it has no relevance to people’s personal struggles with COVID, either.

1 Like

I can think of at least five users you’ll have to permaban if you want uplifting posts. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

Maybe fewer triggering posts will have to do.

Now I can think of about 20 users to permaban.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Covid affects my mental health cause I have to go to get my blood drawn every 3 mos. And hospital staff are sick. That is driving me to be non-compliant for my physical and mental health.

3 Likes

I scroll the COVID thread once every week or so, but it’s no different to what’s on the news constantly

Kinda useful seeing Global news about it to see how other countries are dealing with it

3 Likes

COVID posts affect my mental health. As a consequence I have been spending less time here and on other US sites to protect myself.

1 Like

@Treebeard I think that is your decision. I had paranoia last month and asked to be deleted but ended up just taking a month off.

Of course. I’m saying it because it’s relevant to the discussion of whether to limit COVID posts. A support forum isn’t very good if it makes you worse.

1 Like

Im so bored of reading covid posts whether or not they some anti vaxxer or the covid news spammers and their gloom.

I couldnt care anymore about covid. Infact i cant believe people are still so freaked out about it.

Get the vaccine and stop whining. Save a hospital bed for someone who needs and move on with your life ffs.

3 Likes