Covid - It's getting old

My case manager just came to my apartment to swab my nose for a Covid test. I was just tested Monday before Christmas, and now having to do it again. I’m thinking maybe I shouldn’t go on to my psychiatric clinic anymore, as they keep having people test positive. I don’t know…

5 Likes

I’ve cancelled my cardiologist appointment and postponed it to this Spring.
Yes it’s getting old but we can’t risk getting infected again.
I’m postponing our eye doctor appointment in 3 weeks as well.

Unfortunately we can’t cancel my fathers appointments with the hematologist.
Every 3 weeks he needs his injections

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Wave. I know about cancelling appointments, as I had a PCP appointment for today, and the cardiologist tomorrow.

3 Likes

Is it likely that everyone will get omicron this year because I know of two people who never went out have caught it from takeaway box and groceries being home delivered :thinking:
Seriously it’s looking like we’re all going to get it this year?

5 Likes

In the uk news it says if you have a cold, it’s more likely to be covid than just a cold, by a certain percentage think it was 75 percent. I’ll check now

4 Likes

‘far more likely’ to be omicron than cold

4 Likes

That must be scary @Wave. That really sucks. Is it a condition that can improve? I hope so

4 Likes

Do you mean my fathers health condition @ZmaGal?
Or are you talking about Covid?

2 Likes

These are some of the symptoms I’m experiencing now plus GI symptoms

3 Likes

Do as much as you can virtually for now.

4 Likes

I went to my pdoc appoitnment a few months ago and the pdoc didn’t tell me he cancelled. I prefer face to face now because I was given med adjustments over the phone and it didn’t go well… i ended up with psychosis.

2 Likes

I was referring to your dads condition

4 Likes

No it’s chronic @ZmaGal
He has a blood, bone marrow disorder called Myleodisplastic Syndrome.
It makes his hemoglobin levels very low and gives him anemia.
He needs these injections every three weeks to keep him alive.
Thanks for your concern.

5 Likes

What’s getting old in my opinion is that there is a sizable group of people who to this day still refuse the vax and will congregate in places like bars without masking up.

3 Likes

Oh man. I so sorry. My daughter has a blood disorder that also causes low hemoglobin but the only thing they can do for her is transfusions if the number drops below 9.0

2 Likes

Here’s what baffles me. If it’s likely to be omicron and it’s only the strength of a cold then why is it a big deal? I’ve had terrible colds that lasted for weeks many times in my life just like everyone else.
I think at some point life just needs to go on.

3 Likes
  1. It’s the strength of a cold for most, not all. It still seems to be walloping the unvaxxed and we have too many of these idiots kicking around.
  2. It evades antibodies from previous vax and infections still making people sick. The economy goes sideways when enough people call in sick at the same time. Hospitals in Ontario are now below critical staffing levels. They’ve got like one nurse for 40 patients on a cardiac and stroke ward. Omicron is making everyone sick nearly at once, this hasn’t really happened before.
  3. Because it hits so many people at once, a small number of people getting hit hard will hit our health care system like a mutha@#$%.

It’s a tsunami and things are gonna be wild for the next month. Try not to need emergency medical care as there won’t be any.

4 Likes

Oh ok so it’s still overwhelming populations with symptoms worse than a cold.
That makes sense. There’s just so many different suggestions and information going on about it out there it just gets a little confusing.

4 Likes

We’ll it’s official my father tested positive for Covid and my test was most likely a false negative as I am displaying Covid symptoms.

I made a virtual appointment for my father to see our doctor as he has a lot of congestion in his chest.
Better safe than sorry.
I’m doing ok but having a bit of a hard time today.

6 Likes

You get unlimited (((hugs))) for as long as you need them. Get well.

:hugs:

5 Likes