Covid 19 Part 8: News Articles, Journal Articles, and Scientific Studies

It’s time for a brand new thread ! Yay !

3 Likes

I closed the old one…

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Abstract

Despite the ongoing vaccination efforts, there is still an urgent need for safe and effective treatments to help curb the debilitating effects of COVID-19 disease. This systematic review aimed to investigate the efficacy of supplemental curcumin treatment on clinical outcomes and inflammation-related biomarker profiles in COVID-19 patients. We searched PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science, EMBASE, ProQuest, and Ovid databases up to 30 June 2021 to find studies that assessed the effects of curcumin-related compounds in mild to severe COVID-19 patients. Six studies were identified which showed that curcumin supplementation led to a significant decrease in common symptoms, duration of hospitalization and deaths. In addition, all of these studies showed that the intervention led to amelioration of cytokine storm effects thought to be a driving force in severe COVID-19 cases. This was seen as a significant (p < 0.05) decrease in proinflammatory cytokines such as IL1β and IL6, with a concomitant significant (p < 0.05) increase in anti-inflammatory cytokines, including IL-10, IL-35 and TGF-α. Taken together, these findings suggested that curcumin exerts its beneficial effects through at least partial restoration of pro-inflammatory/anti-inflammatory balance. In conclusion, curcumin supplementation may offer an efficacious and safe option for improving COVID-19 disease outcomes. We highlight the point that future clinical studies of COVID-19 disease should employ larger cohorts of patients in different clinical settings with standardized preparations of curcumin-related compounds

1 Like

Good study on long COVID:

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

In my case, the less of my face the better probably :stuck_out_tongue: . Now if only I could find a mask big enough for my gut…

3 Likes

5 Likes

I don’t understand how masks are attractive? I look forward to the day when we can dispense with them. I like being able to read people’s faces when needed to see if they’re being honest. Also, my tinnitus has gotten so severe that I need to read lips to get everything the other person is saying.

1 Like
3 Likes

Woke up this morning with a lump in my throat, sore. Achy. Not happy. Had lunch Thursday with my grandfather.

First at home test was negative, we’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

I find this to be true for me… Because my face is not the most attractive shape atm. You can’t always see it from my selfies due to the angle of the camera :bird:

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes