Covid 19 part 7

Id go for it…

1 Like

Some people here in Manitoba are bucking the covid restrictions but I’m so thankful our government isn’t backing down. We are required to have a vaccine card to eat in at restaurants, go to gyms, go to events like sports games and concerts etc. Masks are mandatory as well. Other provinces especially in the west are having covid cases rising while we aren’t. If people don’t like it they are welcome to move elsewhere.

@everhopeful, any article about third dose astra zeneca?

Nope. Nothing in my news feed so far.

1 Like

Not directly about the Virus, but related to the pandemic and good news for the Canadian workforce…

1 Like

This is fantastic news, the gamble paid off, I haven’t heard much about mixing and matching vaccines since the Spanish and British studies but new information out of Canada suggests mixing and matching provides excellent long term protection, even against the Delta variant, and there is no evidence for the need of a booster shot. My first shot was Astrazeneca and my second shot was Pfizer.

2 Likes

The Labour market is on fire in Belgium. That’s why they are looking to the long-term ill to fill the labor shortage. I hope they don’t put too much pressure on people like me to work too soon.

2 Likes
1 Like

I got deathly sick from the J&J vaccine.

I got the shot at 11 am. About 6 pm I was feeling tired so I took a nap. I woke up at 10 pm shaking uncontrollably and I had a fever of 105*. It passed in a few hours.

All the men on my dad side got sick from the vaccine and we all got different shots. I was the only one to get the J&J. The rest got pfizer and moderna.

I’m not trying to discourage anyone from getting the shot. I believe in vaccines and science. If I got that sick from the vaccine the real virus would have probably killed me.

I’m afraid of a booster but I’m getting it anyway.

Even though I’m vaccinated I still wear a mask in public. It really pisses me off when I got to the grocery store and half the people aren’t wearing masks.

I live with my grandmother and I worry about her catching it.

1 Like

I took my dog into the veterinarian to get his rabies vaccine, and we started talking about the Covid vaccine, neither of us had severe side effects from that, but my vet is older and mentioned he got his shingles vaccine and became really sick from that for a few days.

Different people react differently. Some people have a really bad reaction to vaccines, but even if I had a bad reaction I still believe in vaccines and will continue to take them whenever necessary. I am due for my shingles vaccine in 7 years or so and I will be getting it even after hearing my veterinarians story about it.

Glad to hear it hasn’t discouraged you from getting a booster. Getting sick from a vaccine is small price to pay in my opinion. The diseases they prevent can be far worse.

The reason I’m a staunch supporter of vaccines is I get a flu shot every year.

Before I started doing that I got sick as hell from flu. I use to get the flu every year. Even with the flu shot I’d still catch it once in a while but it wasn’t nearly as severe.

COVID scares the snot out of me. I’ve been smoking for 30 years. I have scars on my lungs from a case of pneumonia I had when I was 27. Anything on the level of pneumonia puts the fear of god into me.

1 Like

Sure, make the vaccine patch look like a microchip, that ought to convince the antivaxxers to accept it, lol

1 Like