Covid 19 part 6

2 Likes

Ireland :ireland:

1 Like

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/can-covid-19-cause-autoimmune-diseases/

What triggers ITP?

What causes idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura? In ITP, the immune system is stimulated to attack your body’s own platelets . Most often this is a result of antibody production against platelets. In a small number of cases, a type of white blood cell called T-cells will directly attack platelets.

Currently, ITP is not usually considered an inherited disease . If multiple family members have been diagnosed with ITP, the hematologist should verify that the cause of low platelets is truly autoimmune and is not due to an inherited disorder that affects platelet production.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura | Johns Hopkins Medicine.

1 Like

I know someone who has ITP it is ■■■■■■■ scary disease.

I won’t trigger people but yea.

Good thing this complication is incredibly rare

1 Like

This made me happy. I had Astrazeneca/Pfizer vaccines. I read in a BBC article that that combination produces the best t-cell response. (Pfizer/Pfizer produces the best antibody response). But as variants emerge and antibodies may be less effective they are looking at T-cells. The following article made me happy because the vaccine combo I had produces the best t-cell response.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00367-7

2 Likes

As a follow up, here is another article stating t-cells are more important in preventing severe disease and death. This really makes me happy. I took a risk mixing and matching and it seems to have been a good bet.

2 Likes
1 Like

I don’t know anyone personally that got COVID.

My mom works at a hospital. She has never gotten it. She said that coworkers have, but I don’t entirely trust things that I can’t see or check for myself.

I have had countless relatives and friends get it at this point. Have lost a few to it. It’s real.

2 Likes

…and we still have people who refuse vaccination.

1 Like

Me and my father wear masks in public.
I think mask wearing will be a permanent occurrence from now on.

3 Likes

I think it’s wise to continue wearing masks. My work place requires masks regardless of vaccination status. I hope that continues because I feel much safer if everyone is wearing masks.

3 Likes

My mom’s friends mother lived in an assisted living centre for the elderly, there was an outbreak in the centre, my mom’s friends mother got it and died. That is the only person in my life I know of that got it.

same here, and I have noticed a lot of people health aware are wearing masks again…

2 Likes

I’m going to wear one to my job interview even though Im vaccinated. I hope this shows that I am self-aware and someone to hire.

2 Likes