Covid 19 part 6

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-07-20/statin-users-may-have-added-protection-against-severe-covid-19

1 Like

I wish there was more info in the article. Which statins are the best and at what dosage. I am on 5mg of rosuvastatin (Crestor). I’ve been double vaxed. I’ve read antipsychotics help with a covid infections. I’ve also read metformin for diabetics, which I am on, has an improved prognosis for covid patients. So with all that protection I hope I am safe from severe disease, hospitalization and death.

Schizophrenics and diabetics have some of the worst outcomes with covid so I don’t know what to think.

2 Likes

The more variants there are, the more skeptical I am that the pandemic is real.

Uh, no. COVID killed my sponsor in AA. That’s something I think about nearly every day and it influences how I observe safety precautions.

2 Likes

My mom has diabetes and schizophrenia. She’s become non-compliant. my dad wants to hospitalize her. Does this not risk her chance of being exposed to covid19? Im terrified of losing my mom. I will mention this.

2 Likes

There are better protocols for controlling transmission in health care settings than there are in most communities. In fact, the only remaining restrictions in my own community are either in public transit or health care settings.

1 Like
1 Like

If your mom goes to a hospital with a low incidence of covid patients she will probably be fine. How are the covid infection rates in your town??? Read the following articles. Diabetes and schizophrenia and covid are a bad combination, especially if she is off all her meds that could help with the infection, is she vaxxed???..

1 Like

Luckily she got both doses of the vaccine before she stopped the haldol so she was thinking clearly then. Thanks for clearing up my fears about the hospital. I hope she comes around but she has been unmedicated for about almost a month.

My dad is really anxious about it and I shouldnt talk too much. But he’ll have to make the case that her medication resistance is also bad for her physical health, like her not believing she has diabetes and staying up all hours of the night just staring ahead in the dark. She’s doing well today though my grandparents are here so that helped a little.

Its not serious enough yet that if he can get the hearing approved it wont be months and months inpatient I hope…but either way having a court-ordered hospitalization is going to be stressful.

She was unmedicated for years and got worse and worse till we thought she was lost forever in the schizophrenia and it took about a year for her to come back from it of being inpatient and then a step-down unit. But it worked and she was doing so well, she is herself today so Im really happy.

1 Like

I. am. so .tired. of this… :hot_face: covid things.

i just want job security :sob:

1 Like
1 Like

Am I wrong or wasn’t the virus a chance to unite all and coordinate a long term response here?

In other words, can’t another variant occur in Africa and take us all down… Maybe Delta too is a smaller example?

(Exiting my soapbox, now).

1 Like
1 Like

https://www.contractpharma.com/contents/view_breaking-news/2021-07-21/japan-first-to-approve-roches-ronapreve-to-treat-covid-19/

1 Like