Schizophrenia.com

Counting calories is stupid

MD who hates weight watchers. Loves keto and intermittent fasting. According to biochemistry the hormones are the issue with overweight people. Calories are BS.

2 Likes

Hey man it is nice to hear from you, it’s been awhile.

1 Like

Yea good to hear from you @agent101g

1 Like

@TheBest’s theme song…

https://youtu.be/E-WHW-QNswE

As for calorie counting. It has proven to be effective in my personal experience. Granted these days I don’t do that.

2 Likes

Man that song never gets old. lol If calorie counting works for you that’s all that matters anyways.

1 Like

Calorie counting works for me. But you have to stick with it.

2 Likes

Counting calories does not work for me, but I drop made weight doing Atkins and Keto dieting. They aren’t easy to do, but after about two weeks and you’ve lost about 15 pounds it’s such an incentive to keep going. No or low carbs is my go to diet.

2 Likes

To be fair, Weight Watchers isn’t exactly calorie counting. Foods are assigned a certain number of points based on their nutritional value, and you get a certain allotment of points each day. Foods like skinless chicken breast, eggs, beans, fruits, and veggies are all 0 points, so hypothetically you could eat as much of those as you want.

3 Likes

I couldn’t stick with Atkins or keto. I was just craving carbs the whole time. I was on Atkins for about 8 months at one point.

2 Likes

Yea I was a little unsure how weight watchers works. You lost 10 lbs in a month on it right?

1 Like

In the past I went on the south beach diet. I lost 40 lbs on it. The recipes were amazing. Then I started gaining weight due to meds. I’ve never had any success counting calories.

2 Likes

Keto and low carb is unsustainable over the long term for me. And I can’t fast because I have to eat with my meds. So, low calorie is the only way I can go. And it seems to work anyway. I lost 50 lbs. one time doing low calorie.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ve lost 11 pounds so far.

I think it’s supposed to be high protein, limit carbs, fat. Low sugar, obviously.

Oh, most fish is zero points too.

2 Likes

had some success counting calories and intermittent fasting but it’s probably not the best way to go, I don’t know.

now I just stick to the 2000 calorie/ day plan 3meals and a snack, and my weight is steady. im ok with my weight. starting to see more muscle definition from working out when I look in the mirror.

im high carb but I haven’t been getting fatter. lots of beans, peas, quinoa, oatmeal and fruit smoothies and veggies.

2 Likes

I started calorie counting in mid-March when I started Zyprexa, and I am down 19 pounds and counting. It’s working for me!

5 Likes

I’ve been counting calories but I’m a bit disappointed.
I looked in the mirror today and I look 7 months pregnant!
Got a big gut going.
Looks bigger than before this diet.

I’m about to give up!

2 Likes

Counting calories works for me. U can eat anything u want as long u eat lesser energy then u spend! It"s simple laws of physic.

3 Likes

8 think counting calories just takes discipline and some food knowledge to work. Home cooked meals are a little harder to judge in terms of caloric content.

2 Likes

@ilovethaifood, MyFitnessPal.com allows you to put in home cooked recipes and you can figure out their calorie content.

3 Likes

@TheBest, @Lolabean, @Boogaloo, @1Dave, @Wave, @FatMama, @Shmookitty, @ilovethaifood, This guy on the video is a jokester doctor. He wants to see how many fool subscribers he can get who will actually fall for his video. If he’s a doctor at all. Which I doubt.

3 Likes