Could this be some sort of depression?

I am not suicidal and I do not feel depressed. But I do not go out much (partly due to lockdown) and my mum complains I am in my room on my own a lot… I also watch a lot of youtube stuff, mostly about death, suicide, murder, crime, rape etc… most of the stuff I am looking at is negative stuff… and my partner is saying to be depressed you don’t have to think about suicidal thoughts, but thinking about death in itself is not a good sign and I should stop watching…

2 Likes

When I get depressed I push everyone away and keep to myself and I do think of suicide a lot, but I imagine everyone is different.

1 Like

Yes, sounds like some depression.
Are you moving or walking much?
Low motivation is also a sign of depression.
So is eating more or eating less.

1 Like

Not good for you, especially if you have schizophrenia, they trigger my psychosis. You’re torturing yourself for no reason which is a classical symptom of depression.

1 Like

True, only in severe cases depressed ppl get suicidal. But schizophrenia without depression can also cause suicide like in my case from voices telling me to kill myself bcz I am immortal God.

1 Like

Yes I went for a walk and even went to stay with my partner a few days ago… and lets just say nothing happened I just feel too tired , drained exhausted especially when I go out and meet people it really takes it out of me… but i am back home and i try to go walks but its a struggle to want to get out.

2 Likes

It’s not good for me because it is heightening my anxiety but I am not able to stop it…

How come you are unable to stop it?
Just stop it.
Give your phone to your mom if it comes to that.

I deliberately avoid horror and gory stuff. I do watch violent animes from time to time but I usually stick to safe videos. Why would you want to worsen your mood on purpose?

1 Like

Yea he’s right, apparently I’m depressed but I don’t think dark things. I just can’t get myself to do much and feel low.

Hope you feel better soon enough @anon80629714

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.