Could coffee be the secret to fighting obesity?

It stimulates brown fat, which main function is to generate body heat by burning calories

Makes sense to me. It doesn’t say if one type of coffee is better than the others.

They are also testing caffeine pills to see if that is responsible.

I have 2 cups of coffee every morning.

6 Likes

I am under the impression that amphetamine is the secret to fighting obesity but it isn’t prescribed for that…

1 Like

When I was on Ritalin I exercised more and was less hungry. That was the first time I was on it. The second time I was on it I was so out of shape it didn’t make a difference.

1 Like

I only took Ritalin once, didn’t do much for me, but Adderall increased my motivation and concentration considerably. If it wasn’t for schizophrenia I would still be on Adderall, that stuff made me accomplish so much more so efficiently.

1 Like

no, there are people drinking alot of coffee and dont seem to lose any weight, the secret is CICO, not even really a secret

2 Likes

From everything I’ve seen about diet it seems that if you get your hormones right your body will sort itself out.

1 Like

maybe if you have a hormonal imbalance but i think for the average person who may just be overeating than diet will make a big difference, as long as a person is burning more calories then they are taking in than they will lose weight, one thing that can vary with that is that some people have different metabolic rates and dont require as many calories

1 Like

Black coffee no sugar is zero calories, plus it has mild appetite suppression. Might help the odd person lose a pound or two.

3 Likes

I have a suspicion about coffee, the fact that it increases heart rate gets me worried. I knw I knw exercise does too, but still something about coffee gets me suspicious. It is like too gd to be true how it helps in terms of alertness and energy, like a drug. Just mho

and the tolerance thing I reckon that also may happen to me and then Id have to drink more

1 Like

Caffeine is a drug, no doubt about that, so is alcohol, they are just what society seems ok as drugs.

3 Likes

Coffee is a drug, that’s why I take it.

So is sugar

I love coffee :coffee:

3 Likes

Well Ive been thinking about drinking coffee. However, I just cant get myself to drink it in the hot summer. How do you do that? Idk maybe people like overheating.

3 Likes

When I worked the night shift unloading trucks and stocking shelves I guzzled coffee like a mfer all night to stay awake. I lost 20 pounds in a month, and I was already a pretty lean guy.

Im a believer

2 Likes

You were doing a ton of labor too.

4 Likes

Sounds good to me.

I adore drinking coffee :coffee: :two_hearts::slightly_smiling_face::metal:t5:.

1 Like

excessive exercise will have you lose weight for sure,
when i was doing labour intensive work everyday for like 8-10 hours i could eat mcdonalds everyday and still be shredded with muscle. and i was like 24 years old so my metabolism was pretty high too

1 Like

Coffee makes me poop. That causes a little weight loss. :smiley:

3 Likes

I drink a lot less when it’s hot. I definitely couldn’t sit outside a coffee shop and drink it like I see in town. I like the iced cappuccino with espresso from Tim’s. But there is too much sugar in it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.