Could anything solve your depression?

Sometimes I feel nothing I can do can change it. Then I must be in a funk because other times I am estatic. I’m pretty sure I’ve been in a meh mood for over a month now. Before that life had never seemed so exciting about nothing. I was learning so many new things so interested now no interest. And it feels like nothing can turn around my mood ever again. This must be bi polar. I don’t wanna keep raising antidepressants every time I hit a funk or else I’ll keep raising it more and more.

3 Likes

I need answers to that too. I hav a feeling relationships of all types may help but not get rid of it.

Also wen I came off med, my depression slowly lifted

2 Likes

I used to think relationships could help everything, but right now I don’t think so. I think it can help too but the realization that life won’t always be happy all the time no matter how enriched life is, is depressing to me right now. And the world ain’t right.

2 Likes

From 1991 to 2005, fourteen years, it seemed like nothing could solve my severe, suicidal depression. I was in and out of inpatient hospitals like a revolving door all of that time, always for suicidal ideations. On a million AD’s and mood stabilizers and nothing worked.

Then, in 2005, I got God, no. 1. No. 2, I fell out of love with my ex husband overnight. No. 3, my father apologized to me for his incest of me when I was a child. All of these things happened in 2005. After that year, my depression disappeared forever, never to return.

2 Likes

Are you sza depressive or bipolar type @SkinnyMe??

1 Like

Sza bipolar type.

1 Like

I think relationships can somewhat lift my mood if I’m in a healthy mindstate.
I hope your depression eases :hugs:
I personally dunno how I feel now cos I’m still thinking I may come off meds so if I can stay off for good then my life would be very different… Dunno which route its taking.

Wat kind of job are u thinking of applying for?

2 Likes

This may not be much help, but one of the things that helps me with depression is being realistic. Like, when I’m depressed I’ll be realistic that I’m depressed and life sucks at that time. But I’ll use realism to flip it and say to myself that depression wont last forever. And that’s been very true for me. Same way when I hallucinate or have psychotic symptoms. I acknowledge it, but also use realism to counteract the extreme thoughts I get.

2 Likes

Solving a Rubic’s Cube with one hand, while blindfolded, drunk, after three days without sleep would be ten times easier than solving my depression.

3 Likes

My psychosis is very minimal and I nearly never wanna do drugs/drink alcohol. But my depression is acting up.

I think I wanna do a cleaning job. Maybe In a hospital or a hotel or something.

Whenever I stopped my meds I feel better but worse at the same time. That’s how I felt all June taking the clsss. And then eventually i fall over the edge after 30 days

3 Likes

I have tried almost every kind of AD. Non worked! Months of titrating my dosages to the max of each kind! Combo AD meds. I’m now on highest dosage of Trintellix and low dose Valium and it helped until my boyfriend passed away a month ago of a heart attack! Some people just don’t respond to AD.

So sorry about your boyfriend @Pinkbarbie23
How old are you guys?

Zoloft started off at 25 mg working for me. Then I needed 50. Now might need to raise to 75. It works for me but then seems t lose effectiveness with time.

Honestly that kinda helps. Bruce lee said be the water. Reminds me of that. Go with the flow kinda.

2 Likes

That’s kind of how I look at it. But I learned that if the water is treacherous or moving too fast to ask for help fast.

1 Like

I’m 40 and my boyfriend was 43. Sitting around being depressed and not leaving the house cost me so much precious time him!

1 Like

i get little blips of improved mood, but most of the time in the last couple years ive been down. So still working on solving it.

1 Like

I found changing my diet helped my anxiety and depression. I used to eat very poorly, burgers, fries, pizza, fried chicken, etc almost every meal. Lots of chips and things for snacks too. Now I eat healthily and feel much better. It wasn’t easy though.

Edit: I should add good sleep and avoiding alcohol help too. If one of these things goes south, the whole lot can fall in a heap and my anxiety and depression come back.

4 Likes

If it’s a sunny day and I have somewhere to be I’m happy. If it’s lousy and I’m stuck inside just surfing the internet and looking at screens all day I become depressed… at least if it goes on for several days.

I can’t get a car until I move. After that I’ll make plans like every other day and post about them here, like I try to do when I’m visiting.

1 Like

Antidepressants have helped me a lot.

I was depressed for about ten years before my pdoc fixed it. It ached so bad.

Now I only really get severely depressed when I’m coming out of a relapse of sz.

1 Like

Yoga or any kind of stretching seems to be helping my mood a lot lately. I get depressed a lot when I have physical pain and don’t sleep as well.