Cortisol, adrenaline , anxiety

So i have been reading up on some basics of endocrine systems. So on one of those searches i found this:
The hypothalamus activates the pituatury gland which produces hirmones that cause the adrenal glands in the kidneys to produce adrenaline, and later they produce cortisol, which stops the pituatary gland which causes the adreanaline i stop being excreted. Correct me if i am wrong or imissed something, i found some basic level information
Later i read about new research that showes that kids who have a family history of schizophrenia have lower cortisol levels.
A synthetic equivalent of cortisol is hydrocortisone. So the logical train of thought in my head tells me that hydrocortisone could help relieve stress and maybe also some of the symptoms?? If anyone of you knows something more( and i think i remember some of you study/studied neuroscience) please share, thanks :wink:Thanks for the help guys

Ive read that paranoid schizophrenics have abnormally high levels of cortisol. It is a stress hormone, it explains a lot- I often feel in fight or flight mode and I always choose fight. It’s a curse, ■■■■ this ■■■■, but the meds and weightlifting keep me stable. Neither and Im just psychotic and hypervigilant and disgustingly ill, staying awake at 3am smoking on my back porch wearing a night robe and combat boots with two knives in my pocket.

my fight or flight is constantly up and im the same way man. your right it is a curse.

1 Like