Coronavirus

Please just use soap and water. Bleach will give you chemical burns.

4 Likes

You only put a little bit of it in water

1 Like

It’s not safe to do. Soap and water, or alcohol based hand sanitizer are sufficient to kill the virus.

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/mask-coated-in-salt-neutralizes-viruses-like-coronavirus-2020-2%3Famp

Same could probably be applied to cotton gloves

1 Like

I walked to the front of the bus today wen I woman coughed.
Proud of my bravery lol

2 Likes

I don’t understand the call for optimism you seem to get from some people. Millions of people are predicted to die yet some people seem to be defiant in their it’s all ok approach. I mean don’t you think it is a good thing to try and prepare for a very bad event?

1 Like

I still dunno how this compares to the normal flu but it seems to be spreading faster…

With higher death rate

1 Like

There is noone with immunity. Normally when flu spreads it cant jump to every person because they might already be immune to it but with a brand new virus like this it can infect anyone that it comes into contact with.

2 Likes

Ah OK.

That’s good to know

So that means if I get it n recover

I’ll be immune

1 Like

Yes I think so.

1 Like

That 35% figure is way high. The real figure is more like 2%. That still means millions of people could die. The virus might mutate into a more deadly form, though. My brother was telling me that is what happened with the Spanish flu. The first wave was mostly benign, but then the succeeding waves were deadly.

1 Like

Yeah sorry about that. I googled the figure really early on in the outbreak before there was any statistics on it. That was the number that came up on a site. The figure is 2.3%. The Coronavirus is very similar to the Spanish flu which killed 2.4% of people that got the virus.

The Spanish Flu killed 60 million people world wide.

1 Like

I think it is likely going to be worse with coronavirus. The world has a much larger population now and people travel a lot more frequently.

Yes, people are so much more mobile now.

1 Like

mum seems to think it’s OK to cough into open air. I was like u could cover ur mouth n she said its going everywhere either way. So inconsiderate and rude

1 Like

I reckon the majority of the population will catch this virus
It hangs around on surfaces for three days.

And for example if ur eyes are itchy it’s not like u are not gonna itch them

1 Like

There was one person on the news who spit on the treating nurse. And the nurse got infected too because of him and if she dies, he’s going to be in a jail for a murder.

4 Likes

That’s disgusting. I wonder what made him do that. Probably some small thing!

2 Likes

He said he was angry about she was taking him to the hospital.

2 Likes