Copy others

jeg tend to kopi others body language and what they say and tell it back to them when Im social. Is that a symptom of sz? anyone do the same?

I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to convey. Can you give us an example of copying what is said and telling it back to them?

Copying someone’s body posture and/or repeating their words back to them is a symptom of Schizophrenia.

1 Like

its hard to say. but I feel that Im trying to copy others personality when Im talking to them and I do it unconsciously and having a hard time just being myself

1 Like

copying is the “sincerest form of flattery”. Is it due to insecurity or a genuine liking of that person and wanting to copy them, to be like them?

That is a symptom of Autism which is an aspect of SZ. I do the exact same thing. I used to repeat things people would say and suck my thumb when I was anxious. It is very embarrassing I know…

Copying body language and emotional expressions is how children learn to communicate their own emotions. In an adult, it could be a sign that you are still learning to develop this skill.

3 Likes

Sounds like social skills to me. A way of ingratiating yourself with your friend.

1 Like