Coolest XFL name

The names were released today for all the teams in the XFL, which is an American football league run by WWE.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ranking-the-xfl-team-names-from-most-ridiculous-to-not-all-that-terrible-165642033.html

• St. Louis BattleHawks
  • Seattle Dragons
  • Tampa Bay Vipers
  • Houston Roughnecks
  • New York Guardians
  • DC Defenders
  • Dallas Renegades
  • Los Angeles Wildcats

0 voters

They tried the XFL thing back in the 90’s, if I seem not mistaken. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

The Seattle puff the magic dragons.

New York guardians=lame to me

1 Like

I believe the first year for the XFL was 2001.

1 Like

They should name the teams after wwe stars- the legion of doom etc!

1 Like

Do you know what days of the week the XFL games will be played? I don’t think they would do well If it is on nfl game days

1 Like

It will start February 8th, 2020. Usually the NFL super bowl is Feb 4th or 5th. The article I looked at didn’t have the specific day. It would be smart just to keep the games on Sunday since people are conditioned to watch football on a Sunday.

1 Like

Will the XFL players be paid as well as their NFL counter parts? The wwe is worth billions apparently so the players might get paid well

1 Like

They will only make it if they have B and C level NFL guys. Maybe some players could play in the NFL and XFL?

1 Like

Did the non contact flag football league (is this it’s right name?) ever take off? They didn’t wear pads and helmets in that right?

1 Like

I haven’t heard much about that.

1 Like

I think I heard about it a few years ago. Mustn’t have amounted to much

1 Like

Wasn’t there something called the Arena Football League for awhile? I thought I remember them calling that the XFL. The advertisement was running on a loop in the electronics department in the Wal Mart I worked at during 2003. I loved it because it featured a nice shot of some cheerleaders for part of the ad. I don’t think it lasted more than a season because I never heard about it again.

1 Like

I am not very knowledgeable but is their enough demand for another football league. I mean there is already the nfl and college football

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Arena Football League has always been in the AFL. It was founded in 1987 according to Wikipedia. Kurt Warner played for a team in Iowa before he joined the NFL and eventually became a Hall of Famer.

John Elway managed the Colorado AFL team for a while before running the Denver Broncos.

I’ve heard it’s fun to go to those games.

2 Likes

Is this like full contact football with regular size fields or something like arena footy?

1 Like

Yes it’s full contact. I think the fields are regulation.

2 Likes

Interesting idea but taking on the NFL…is there a market for this?

2 Likes

The very first XFL game in 2001 had incredible ratings then after that barely anyone watched the rest of the season. It won’t be competing with the NFL for ratings because the XFL season starts a couple days after the NFL season ends.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.