Cooking advice

I’m making baked beans, they are supposed to bake for 2 hours. I didn’t make as many beans as the recipe called for does that mean it should cook faster? It’s been in for an hour already. I’m not sure if it looks done because I’ve never had them before except out of a can (bushs baked beans)

Probably, it will still take two hours, but less water. You could try a few. If they are soft enough for you, then they are done.

1 Like

You need to soak beans a night prior :crescent_moon: And then the next day cook in a pressure cooker or boil once and throw the water out. If it is easily squished then it is :white_check_mark:

these were canned beans, but unfortunately I overcooked them and they got hard. So I sent my hubby out to get frozen pizza. Which is great news for cheating on my diet. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

oh, so sorry, I thought they were fresh (!) I wouldn’t think you need to do much cooking on canned beans, just heat in the micro… Frozen pizza is good too.

yeah, I’m adding water to the beans to see if I can bring them back to life but my feelings aren’t hurt about the pizza at all, it’s been long time since I had any junk food

I buy canned Red Kidney beans all the time.
You don’t cook them but heat them up either on a stove top or microwave.
No need for water.

1 Like

you know you can add mayonnaise to red kidney beans? If served cold.

Usually I make it it tomato sauce though / cold most types of beans. And white kidney beans I make it like a soup, again in tomato sauce and also my mom used to add filet beef cubes in it.

2 Likes

Mayo? Sounds delicious.
I’m going to try my kidney beans that way!
Thanks @MissMermaid :slight_smile:

2 Likes