Convince me to bathe

I need a bath. I’m starting to stink and we’re going to go visit a friend after naptime. I have until the kid wakes up to be done (less than 2 hours), but I’m cuddled up in bed and I’m all comfy.

How do you find the motivation?

5 Likes

I feel self-conscious if I haven’t bathed before I meet someone. And bathing always makes me feel very comfortable afterward in my skin.

2 Likes

You will be fresh and crisp.
It is worth the initial struggle.
Put some music on? and sink deep into the bath its nice.

2 Likes

My mom makes me shower. Otherwise I wouldn’t that often. Maybe think if baby LED were feeling the same way you’d want her to shower.

2 Likes

I pretty much always bathe before leaving the house, but I’m feeling especially awful today. And I’m super comfortable with this friend and I know she wouldn’t even think twice if me not being clean. Which is a dangerous combination!

2 Likes

My Dad taught me to play mental games with myself to get more done on unpleasant tasks.

When I have to clean my apartment, I pretend the Queen is going to make an unexpected visit and every little bit of cleaning I do now will be a plus.

Jayster

5 Likes

Well, take a bath and then dry off and get back into bed. It feels great to have a rest while you’re bathed.

3 Likes

Ugh. I can’t keep baby LED OUT of the bath. She loves playing in the water. Maybe if I had a tub that was as proportionally big as it is to her… Haha

2 Likes

That’s true. I love laying in bed after a bath.

3 Likes

Get a white house tub lol

1 Like

Maybe I’ll go find a candle. Too bad I don’t have any cold cider to drink and just relax for a while.

I finally got a refill of my medicated shampoo so I’m actually kind of looking forward to using that.

2 Likes

I borrowed my philosophy from the Nike slogan. “Just do it”.

Don’t ponder it, don’t overthink it, don’t think of ways to get out of it, don’t over-analyze. Just get up and get your body moving and take the bath or shower and the rest of the day will fall in place.

“The journey
of a thousand miles begins with one step.”

Take the plunge and roll out of bed and your momentum will be started.

5 Likes

You’re right. I should just go do it.

Wait for 15 minutes then go … you are not ready jet … you will prepare in 15 minutes

1 Like

Okay, well, I’m a horrible gross person but I totally fell asleep and just woke up. Oops. Going now.

When I’m feeling really unmotivated I sometimes imagine a rope around me and pulling my body forward. It sounds a bit daft but yea this is wat I sometimes do.

2 Likes

@LED I’ve been putting my shower off all day. I’m going right now to shower also, in solidarity with you.

3 Likes

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Just think of the rewards of getting clean vs the drawbacks of being smelly.

2 Likes