Schizophrenia.com

Continuous psychosis

Is this a thing?
Does it exist?
I feel it describes my symptoms very well.

All the time psychotic,
except for some brief breaks of sanity.

Schizophrenia dude

5 Likes

Yes it does exist. My psychosis lasted for about two years (2018-2020) before it was put down by zyprexa.
And from 2014-16 I was also psychotic, I just didn’t know it then, but thought I was brilliant.
Does medication or therapy help you at all?

1 Like

I tried therapy, but it didn’t work.
I have tried 13 aps, or something,
I still have symptoms.

I was psychotic 24/7 from June 2015 to February 2021. I was hospitalized like 10 times even though I took my meds. The last time I was in the hospital, they gave me Invega and it killed my delusion. Frankly, I miss it but I take my Risperdal every day to avoid the hospital.

1 Like

Can wax and wane in severity of symptoms, but I personally think that after all the breaks I’ve had, that I’m basically constantly in a mild form of psychosis.

Not a day goes by that I don’t have something or another, but my meds cut down how strong it is.

2 Likes

Poe said:
“I became insane
with long intervals
of horrible sanity.”

2 Likes

Oh I like it. :slight_smile:

One of my psychiatric reports says that it looks like I have ‘chronic psychosis’. So here it’s a term.

2 Likes

My psychiatrist told me the same thing: that I have chronic psychosis.

2 Likes

Chronic, right?
I will Google it

1 Like

As far as I know my psychosis developed from acute psychosis to chronic, I don’t know when it happened, but like Poe said, sometimes I’m in contact with reality and sometimes I’m psychotic apparently

1 Like

I have one continuous episode,
lasting 4 years.
Is this correct?

Is it a correct phrase?
“I always have major or minor symptoms”.

Then I would believe it to be chronic

1 Like

I have had paranoia and hypervigilence for as long as I can remember. Does that seem like chronic psychosis?

1 Like

I was psychotic virtually all the time for the last 6 years until recently. I spent hours a day talking to the voices in my head and ‘journaling’ about the brain study/Truman Show I believe I am in. Every since I had an Invega shot 9 months ago, the inserted thoughts are much less and my delusion of grandeur is nearly gone. It makes me sad :frowning: I am diagnosed with bipolar with psychotic features and then someone else diagnosed me with delusional disorder. There is a high likelihood that I am bipolar though, based on how far out my psychotic episodes have been.

2 Likes