Considered bisexual

I don’t know, man. I had two gay dogs, now my dog is a widower.

3 Likes

I’m straight but I think what you’re feeling is perfectly natural.

1 Like

Well, I meant the part about being bisexual. About dating women exclusively I think that’s more a preference choice. I don’t mean to sound rude. You have your reasons.

1 Like

Lots of reasons not to date men. No woman has ever scared me or intimidated me, and I have never feared one really… unless they poison me somehow! That’ll be the day I finally get what’s coming to me I guess :open_mouth:

In all seriousness though I don’t envy women. Dating a girl you rarely have to wonder “is this person ever gonna be angry enough to seriously injure or kill me?” But dating a dude this comes up from time to time, at least it seems to me as an observer.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response everyone

Sure it is possible!!!

I’m a bisexual female and I’m sexually and emotionally attracted to both women and men but I don’t want to have romantic or sexual relationships with anybody anymore.

I’m an older gal.

Someone told me 20 years ago man getting homosexual after 35 years old.i m 40 i can relate somehow.but i m still attract to woman and i don t want any horrible experiences after my 40 's

1 Like

unless you’re dating jodi arias

1 Like

I was closeted for a long time because of bullying I got when I was younger

I even went to some LGBTQ counselling and I could not reveal I was gay to everyone else - and that was even in an accepting and safe environment

The reason I say this is because a guy there made a point that many people these days are ‘fluid’ rather than prescribing to a particular identity

1 Like

I thought a few times that a bit of counselling might help me. Did you get anything out of the experience?

@Joker

I was put in a group and at that time it was for suicide prevention

The group was very miserable and the staff did not give us much useful advice

If done properly I can imagine it would be good

Think my expectations were quite high

1 Like

I found the group dynamic didn’t fit well with me. It’s hard enough to open up one-on-one with a counsellor, let alone in front of a group of strangers

I would try it again though. You never know what’s going to be a good fit

when my psychosis first started i was constantly insulted and bullied by the voices calling me gay, that was the main theme of my voices. i told my mom about it then my brother who is gay told alot of family and they starting acting weird and putting me in awkward situations to try and find out if im gay. now i couldnt give a ■■■■, i basically overcame psychosis to a point where i was stable before starting meds but still constantly annoyed by the voices and anxious

1 Like

I think it will eventually get to the point where the lgtbq stuff will be dropped and the natural scope of all sexual actions will be all inclusive. I’ve always thought I could do anything I want sexually and not become gay, bisexual or queer etc. I think there’s some value in naming it in terms of identity politics of people who do those sexual things having power to keep the laws from sliding and stuff like that, but ultimately identity politics is probably antagonizing to opponents of sexual freedom so it would be better off without the naming.

2 Likes

I disagree. I’m gay because I’m exclusively sexually attracted to men. It’s not a political label for me, just an accurate label. It might not fit everyone but that doesn’t mean it isn’t useful for a lot of people regardless of the political situation.

Sexuality really is pretty clear-cut and simple to understand for many of us.

I had 24 sessions of one to one therapy, and the psychologist did nothing to help me

She fast tracked me to an autism diagnosis with the promise that it would ‘inform’ her treatment plan.

The thing she missed out was that her ‘techniques’ wouldn’t work for someone on the spectrum and she dumped me

1 Like

Sounds like all in all it was a shity experience. I’ve had my share of disappointments in the healthcare industry as well

I consider myself BI-sexual but only had relationships with 3 men over 25 years. Its mostly women. And thats only because i havent found a suitable bloke at the time, cos they been too “camp”.

1 Like

It creates a problem for people who want sexual freedom without being confined to a category. I would rather sexuality be something that is meaningless, than something politically meaningful. After all, it’s only really opposition to it that gives it any significance. I look at the recent addition of asexual to the lgbtq acronym as being completely ironic and signifying nothing. I think most sexuality will become like masturbation, it’s something you do but not what you are.

1 Like

The labels will never go away. That would create a reverse problem of having to explain similar unneccessary things for those of us who fit into them.

We only need to educate people about labels like queer and fluid, not discard the other useful labels because some people who don’t fit into them dislike them. I understand that it’s frustrating to have to explain things and feel like people want to label you, but that’s not a good reason to tell others they shouldn’t use what are really sometimes very accurate labels if they’re fine with it.

Again, I understand that things might seem different if you’re fluid. But romanticizing and being sexually attracted to masculinity in all its forms is very much a core part of my identity and would have been that regardless of the political situation I live in and grew up in.