Confused with how much cardio a bodybuilder needs

There’s so much out there. I think I’ve overthought it and haven’t done it for a few days.

1 Like

im not sure really. cardio is the most challenging aspect of my workout. on days I do it. I do 5 minutes of jumprope, 30 minutes of stationary bike, and then another 5 minutes of jump rope. sometimes I hit the punching bag. a lot of days I skip it.

I would think just enough to have low bodyfat. probably when you’re cutting down instead of bulking up.

1 Like

Thanks @Lifer. That seems like a good routine. How often do you do it a week?

1 Like

I plan to do it 6 days a week. but am happy with 3 times a week, on upper body day.

im starting to wonder if I want a runner’s physique or to have more muscle. im not really sure what I want to do right now. last night I was fantasizing about training for and entering a bunch of 5k races. but 2 weeks ago I wanted to be 170pounds with like 8% or less bodyfat. im kinda short 5’9 with shoes on, so that is decent sized muscles…not bodybuilder but definitely some muscle. I haven’t trained yet today.

1 Like

Like 10- 15 min before and after training

1 Like

I don’t know I am not bodybuilder just some dood who plays Starcraft . It’s as difficult as doing something else :frowning: don’t do cardio before Starcraft . But I will try quit smoking and go swimming

2 Likes

I value what you have to put out there @anon48059102. I think you are in really good shape. The strategy in Starcraft probably helps you mentally. Nothing wrong with a mental workout.

1 Like

I have this saved with years, I thought the thread asked how much carbs a bodybuilder needs :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This guy is awesome.

1 Like

If you’re doing quite a bit of lifting then I’d say moderate…you have to fit your macros in order to fit your lifestyle. I’ve found the best thing to do is to follow your conscience when portioning your meals. That being said if were talking plate proportions (I don’t know how many grams you need), but generally speaking having
1/4 plate vegetables (salad)
1/4 fruit (tomatoes, cucumver etc are fruit)
1/4 carbs
1/4 protein

With some added fats/natural oils

I think is a good place to start. If your conscience tells you need more as more, if less add less. All depends on your activity

1 Like

He is cool @TheBest

1 Like

With my vegetables I cook a ton of asparagus, broccoli, and spinach for a couple of days all at once. With each meal I have a couple spoonfulls. For the oils I use Avocado oil with whatever I cook.

I probably should get into the habit of proportioning all my meals with a scale.

I have been doing an hour and half worth of cardio a day for the last couple of months. I stopped a couple days ago really for no reason. I will get back at it.

Thanks for the wisdom @anon92887483

1 Like

Man that dude(Rich Piana) is the most motivating guy on the planet.

1 Like

He is pretty darn huge as well. Is he all natural?

1 Like

He’s one of the only bodybuilders who openly took roids. He’s made videos on it. Too bad he is deceased.

1 Like

What did he die from?

1 Like

It might have been his heart. He also tried injecting his muscles with that oil you mentioned. Forgot what it was. He didn’t do it very long.

1 Like

Yeah that oil stuff is terrible

1 Like

I appreciate it man, I think a measured approach is best. Measuring cups are also your friend although conscience trumps all

1 Like

He has a website that is still up. His preworkouts have agmatine, which apparently can lead to schizophrenia.

1 Like