Confused unga bunga

I had similar thoughts about a human made microchip implanted in my head. It was bull , of course.

Sounds like platos allegory of the cave no?

4 Likes

It’s a good allegory. Of course thoughts come from inside our head but ideas for the most part come from outside the head, the consciousness being nothingness. If the ideas you are exposed to (on the screen) are an illusory reality then you have to find a way to escape. Socrates has methods for challenging ideas that create illusions ( things are not as they seem) or whatever. The matrix movie gives you an idea of something like the cave allegory that is supposed to be liberating but it’s also a bunch of illusory ideas that might keep you trapped as well. So escaping the cave of illusions is about selling Socrates’ methods for challenging ideas and becoming free and seeing the truth.

Obviously there is a lot to think about and for a sz escaping a cave of illusions is a pathological problem. If you look at the matrix movie, what is illusion and what is real? Some illusions we find mesmerizing in one way or another that the simulation is a hologram or whatever, and that is the message we get. But I still think the simulation we have to worry about is the one that our minds make of the world and how we can be complicit in deceiving ourselves when our minds make bad understandings, expectations, logical errors, so many things that are part of our experience of reality that is not the world itself. The simulation is the mind and the actual reality is a complex computation to make regarding so many matters, especially regarding what is true.

1 Like

I’ve had such thoughts before my psychosis, please take care of yourself. the overthinking can exacerbate the illness rapidly. Even if it were true, it is about how we function as a human being. Does these thoughts interfere with our normal day life? then it’s part of the illness.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.