Conflicted Feelings

It’s hard for me to maintain relationships because people bother me so much. I’ve been married for almost nine years now, but my husband bothers me so much with mostly little things that I get more upset than I know I should. I find people so annoying, but then I feel bad because I think it’s me, my issues. And it’s inconsistent. I get lonely when I isolate, and I feel sorry for myself that no one is calling me or spending time with me. Then I get a call and I don’t answer because I hate talking on the phone, and I don’t call back for the same reason. I wish I could get together with a friend, but then the odd time that I make a plan, I regret it and feel anxious that I’ll be stuck with someone longer than I want to be.
This feeling of needing social interaction, but then my propensity to get annoyed or feel upset. So stupid.
Anyone relate?

4 Likes

This reminds me of one of my Aunts. Every time we were together in California from the 90’s to 2009 she would always try to force her bs little kid rules on me even though I never said or did anything wrong because she said her sons wanted to be like me. It was really annoying and there were times when I felt bad and thought I must’ve been in the wrong to have her nagging me all the time but I realized that was false thinking.

1 Like

I can get pretty irritated by people for sure. Im pretty sure its usually just me because I do have times where im very relaxed about things too.

1 Like

yeah, I’m inconsistent on some things. I do think people are basically self-centered and can be very annoying, but paying attention to when it’s me and when it’s them can get confusing.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s your faul. Maybe it’s just a matter of how much time. If zero time with people then sad. If all time with people then angry… Maybe your just sensitive and need more time alone but ofcourse don’t want to be lonely. Don’t feel bad for being perhaps different. Different is cool.

1 Like

Thank you, @ThePoet . I’m definitely different.

1 Like

We all are :slight_smile: 6363663

1 Like

So very true :heart:

1 Like

Have a same problem, like extremes that change every two hours…
I know why it is…
I had wild youth, so I could choose when or who I want to be every two hours. Now I’m alone.

2 Likes

I don’t know how long you’ve felt this way, but I myself am starting to grow annoyed with people. I used to love peoples company and would always crave it but today I just can’t seem to bother myself to talk and hang out with people. I still get lonely and want connection so I’ll try a little here and there, but I end up spending more energy than the interaction is worth in the end and then I’m like ugh. Personally I think I’m growing up a little, and parts of my personality are unfolding, I don’t know.

1 Like

Any social contact I have is purely superficial. My co workers were actually taking me seriously today. and we had some good conversations but I walked away like it never happened which turned everybody off.

1 Like

@MissJennyJen, I’ve never been adept at being social. I’m awkward and have a lot of social anxiety. I’ve gotten better at it, but it does take a lot of energy. What you said is true for me too, that I crave social interaction but it never seems to be worth the effort.
Come to think of it, that may be why I get so annoyed. I put in the effort and other people just carelessly say stupid things and annoy me, lol.

1 Like

@77nick77 It’s a puzzle. I think some people think I’m being fake, but I’m just trying to give socially appropriate responses, etc. (superficial) Then I get bored.
Deeper conversations interest me and I often get people telling me their life stories. I really care, but then I forget what they said, or the details, pretty quickly.
I’m not built for socializing, so I wish I never craved it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.