Computer science majors?

Does anybody here have a computer science major?

In the 80’s I started out seeking such a degree. But the competition was incredible.

1 Like

I wanted to study artificial intelligence!
I wonder if I can make it happen

I took programming for a couple languages. Some of the students in my class would hang out in the computer lab for greater than 40 hours a week.

1 Like

That sounds like fun yet frustrating maybe…
Did you ever get your degree?

No, I didn’t get that degree. Life had a way of asking other things of me.

1 Like

Thanks Jayster!
Im going to go to try and go to coding boot camp
And see if I learn something there …
Im hoping to work at home!
And I think a major in computer science will help me with that

They told us that if you learn computer programing, you have to have an application. Therefore, I took accounting as well as computer courses.

I have a BS in CS.

I think I was expecting the time of smart glasses to come much sooner. Now my degree may be more useful.

Can you get a job with google or Tesla with that degree?

I haven’t yet. That doesn’t necessarily mean that you won’t.

1 Like

It’s a pretty handy degree isn’t it?
It can land you a job pretty easily?
I was planning on getting a degree in computer science and then going to programming boot camp and hope I can land a job with Tesla or google
Or any big company like that

It is a handy degree.

Probably the easiest job do get with a CS degree is one in software support. Believe it or not, big, complicated software has bugs. That’s why the 737 Max 8 crashed. Feature bloat. So, big companies want someone qualified to sit on the phone and try to handle angry customers. You can move up from there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.