Schizophrenia.com

Computer hotliner at home

I asked myself if this kind of jobs exist ?
I would like to work at home… Maybe it could be easier for me cause I have social anxiety…
I don’t plan to work in the coming months that said. I prefer to study. However it could a source of income. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, flexjobs.com is one place you can find them.

1 Like

Great !! :+1: I hope I will have the same here !!

1 Like

Most telecommunication jobs, like customer service and tech support, are work from home nowadays. I have a few friends that do this. Their company pays part of their internet bill on top of their hourly wage.

1 Like

Thank you !
It would be so great if I could do that … I did tech support a long time ago. This is something that I can do quite easily, without anxiety.
I really hope I can do this one day. I don’t have that kind of website (flexjobs.) here.
I will inquire anyway.
Currently I am on disability, but it could be great to have more income … :heart_eyes:

There was/is a company who sells high quality (no plastics) handbrush and shovel made by blind people. Their salesagents call companies from home to sell them. That was in the early 90s.

1 Like

You can always look up any telecommunication job on your country’s job postings website. CareerBuilder and Indeed are popular in my country.

2 Likes

Here we have work for disabled… Usually these are poorly paid jobs. :confused:
I don’t want that kind of job cause it is difficult and thankless work. :confused:
Thank you for the idea, that said !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, you start poorly paid in the basement and qualify for better paid job up the stairs.

1 Like

Thank you so much ! I will look at it.

1 Like

Does your country allow a grace period where you can try working without losing disability, and then after the grace period you can transition into full time work?

1 Like

It’s complicated indeed :frowning:
I have a disability that decreases in proportion to income from work. But I have “extra help” because of my particular situation. This supplement disappears completely at the slightest penny earned. It’s really annoying.
So I don’t really have the ‘right’ to screw up …

1 Like

I’m sorry. It is a risk then. When was the last time you worked successfully?

1 Like

2008 :confused: but not successfully…
I worked successfully in tech support in 2003…

1 Like

Maybe you could try transitioning into a more structured day through volunteer work first? That’s what I did when I couldn’t work for a while.

1 Like

That’s an excellent idea… :blush:
However i’d like to work as a hotliner…
Maybe it could be difficult to find that kind of job through volunteer work ?

Actually as you understood it, I have social anxieties and I think I am rather comfortable on the phone ! But it could be a great idea to do some tech support from home through volunteer work.

1 Like

I’m sure there are nonprofits that are looking for tech support volunteers from home. But you could also just try going back to work. How difficult is It to get back on disability if you need to?

I have to be honest, I found the disability paperwork confusing, so I just tried to work to see if I could. Turned out,I totally could.

1 Like

@ninjastar
I think I would lose this “supplement” for 1 year.
For example if I work 1 hour in February 2021, I will not receive the disability until January 1st 2022.
But I’m really not sure … I’ve already looked up…
All I know is that I owe absolutely nothing to earn.
The government’s “FAQs” are pretty well done, but I couldn’t find anything about it.

I could just ask an organization I know (a kind of volunteer employment agency.)
The last time I met them I found them very “amateur”.

Paperwork for disability is confusing here too…

1 Like

It can be hard to find volunteer from home jobs except through word of mouth.

1 Like