Compensation claims

When I came to Australia :australia: from Germany :de: I couldn’t speak any English neither was I familiar with Australian law. Within 6 months I admitted myself in psychiatric care cause I didn’t felt safe and had a history of sz. I didn’t got a interpreter/translator to help me, even I requested one. Everyone had great fun, but me. Cause I got lost in translation, I received Electric compulsive therapy and my intellectual abilities dropped 40%. At this time 10 years later I get realisations. Is it too late to make compensation claims ?

I’m not a lawyer, but I think that it would be difficult to prove that it wasn’t deemed in your best interests at the time. I dunno. It’s something you probably need to talk to a lawyer about if you are interested in trying to get compensation. I think you will have a difficult road ahead if you do decide to pursue.

1 Like

And I have zero idea if too much time has passed according to Australian law. Again, something you probably need a lawyer for.

1 Like

My psychiatric file goes back since. Maybe I find a lawyer who could see winning the case and I can pay him from the compensation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.