Cold food ideas

Yeah Starkist is what I usually get. They’ve got a cute mascot with glasses on named Charlie.

1 Like

Bow tie Veggie pasta salad, with whatever veggies you like. I put cucumbers, green and red peppers, tomatoes, onion. Add yogurt instead of mayo or half of those two. Cheese of some kind is a plus.

Also, pineapple and shredded carrot and celery salad with cranberries. Very fresh.

Broccoli salad with celery, mayo, touch of vinegar, and cranberries.

2 Likes

And the important part is it is dolphin free. :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:

2 Likes

Hi,

I would cook eggplant caviar … :drooling_face:
If not, a simple salad with tomatoes, cucumber, onions, fresh cream sauce… :drooling_face:

I’m hungry.

1 Like

A good potato salad . When we had picnics my mum made great potato salad for it . My wife also made great potato salad . The supermarket potato salad is nowhere near as good .

2 Likes

Crackers and cheese is my go to when I don’t want to cook anything. Smoothies are great too.

2 Likes

Tuna salad on a bed of lettuce (mainly tuna and mayo, can add chopped celery, onion).

2 Likes

I like a good tomato-mozzarella salad.
Get a bag of spinach leaves, I prefer baby spinach. Add some to the bottom of a salad bowl, and put sliced tomatoes on top. Then add mozzarella slices on top of the tomatoes, and start with the spinach again. Repeat until you run out of space and/or incredients.
Can be topped with chopped red onions and maybe just a splash of vinegar.

I usually just drive a fork into the bowl and go to town.

1 Like

Pasta salad for example. I do it with cold pasta, tomato, onion, tuna and boiled egg. And I dress it with olive oil and vinegar.

1 Like

Do you eat eggs? If so hard boiled egg slices in a sandwich with tomato… little bit of salt and pepper. Honestly my favourite sandwich

1 Like

Silk vanilla flavored soy milk and danish butter cookies makes a yum yum snack in your tummy tum tum.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.