Cocktails trials

About 5 months ago I had a major meltdown, not aĺl at once, it was more of a progressive thing. The process that visits my assisted living facility kept adjusting my meds, and I was slowly getting worse instead of better. The straw that broke the camels back was putting me on latuda, I kept saying it is not helping, so they would raise it, and I just got worse. Well the genius that I am stopped taking it a day within 1 week, I was 100% psychotic, and had to be committed against my will.
I know it took a lot of meds to get me stable again, but I am wondering how long they should keep me on so much meds. I am not sure of the doses, but the nurse practitioner said both anti-psychotic are average doses. I am on Haldol injection every 4 weeks and zyprexa. Keep in mind those are not the only meds I take, i am on quite a few other meds as well. The purpose of the injection is to stop me from going off my meds on my own.
I guess one of my main questions is I am taking aĺl of my meds, and still having symptoms, more mood related, but the mood swingo seem to set off the voices and the deep sadness sets me into my dark Ness and cutting thoughts. What is the point of taking all these meds if I am not nearly 100%. I will say though that I am more stable now than I have been I a long time,

It’s gonna be trial and trial and trial,some got lucky that they get meds that are stable for 5 years++,some just never get so lucky to have meds that work well for longer term

I’m not a fan of my meds… I would LOVE not to take them. But I have to if I want to keep my life stable and moving forward.

What helped me get a different perspective was when my Dad had a heart attack and he was put on warfarin (a blood thinner) This med is not repairing his heart or healing him… it’s preventing another heart attack.

The longer I was stable… the stronger I got in fighting the negative thinking, the depression and the other problems. I hope you feel better soon and hang in there.

As time goes on… the brain heals when it’s stable long enough… with that healing comes remission.

Good luck, I’m rooting for you

1 Like

You should be taking part , with your Dr in deciding what makes you feel better or worse + how much. Then you’ll have a better idea of why you are taking them.

As far as I know it’s not going to be perfect - but not bad - because of side effects. You’ll know if the good outweighs the bad.

It’s good to have a Dr that will make one change at a time so you can observe what it does/doesn;t do.

The doctor tried me on Latuda, and that drug didn’t work for me either. I’ve heard a lot of people say good things about it, though. They have you on some powerful, harsh med’s. Maybe you can get completely stable and not have to take such harsh drugs.