Clozapine Titration

Why is it so slooowwwwww really getting on my nerves how cautious they’re being

Surely if I am giving them permission, they can increase the dose faster

Getting irritated and agitated.

Today is day 4 and I am only taking 50mg a day! Second day in a row. It’s has not gone up

Freaking barstewards

6 Likes

That’s cool they’re taking it slow. It’s a powerful medicine and you’re body requires time to adjust or else it might be detrimental.

Good luck :sunflower:

2 Likes

I hear you man. I had to go to the ward for 30 days to do my titration. I was fine but they were so cautious

1 Like

They don’t do ward stays here anymore for Clozapine. It’s all done between a day centre clinic, and the Crisis Team

1 Like

This new way seems a lot better

1 Like

If it involved a hospital stay, I would never had agreed to it

1 Like

I totally get that

1 Like

I find those places so boring. You can’t officially smoke anywhere now. When I first got put there in 2004, they had an indoor smoking room FFS!

Also, not being able to drive for 3 months would indeed suck as well. It’s a stupid rule. My driving record has been clean for over 10 years!

1 Like

Most people don’t know about the driving rule. Is a very harsh rule for sure

1 Like

Ps when I first went to the ward they had a smoking room too

1 Like

It was actually an enjoyable experience sitting in a nice warm room, with arm chairs and a TV

We used to just hang out in there and chain smoke the whole time

1 Like

Maybe it’s good that they are being careful. My previous psychiatrist wasn’t. When I came back from hospital he changed my 6 meds to 1 Invega in 1 day. My current pdoc is much more prudent with med changes.

1 Like

Yeah I loved the smoking room. The staff never came in there. Was our room ya know

1 Like

Reward yourself with more cigarettes and coffee or tea. You are on the path of truly recovery on Clozapine. You might not need more than 200 mg Clozapine before the positives symptoms fades away. You might not even suffer under side effect as they are dose related.

1 Like

That’s good to hear. Thanks @columbus

Best of luck with it @Joker

1 Like

Did you have a relapse? I was switched off a drug a couple of times in the past and this happened.

1 Like

When I went to see this psychiatrist that did all the changes I was psychotic before and psychotic after :smile:. But I did get better for a while:

1 Like

Oh dear! Not good

1 Like

I’m on 325 of clozapine they will not increase it because of the side effects and risk of fits